show us your RACK!

Is that for practice playing, or practice setting up?

Ya know, I only ever played this setup out a couple of times, because it took so incredibly long to piece together. When i started gigging seriously, I pared it down to a couple of side racks. Now I have it slimmed down even further to 6 pieces (or less) on stands, and my back is much, much happier.

The couple of times I played it out, though, I got a LOT of comments. People really like big, intricate setups... even if what you're playing isn't all that intricate or fancy.

I saw this one the other day on the web. Pretty amazing! :)
1101-1.jpg

I don't know about Canada but where I'm from (festering dungheap though it is) lying about who pictures belong to is usually regarded as vulgar or even rude. Good work, Glen. I'm so glad you own so many drums.
Time to get over whatever is bothering you. Everyone knows I am Sticks now. It was just a joke. I know you have a problem with me. So what. We don't have to be best friends, but at least be civil, OK! You are the kind of person that helped me get banned in the first place. You must have other hobbies or interests, don't you.

My CZX with varying stages of rack;

"Spanner" style rack (2x GRS-150C + existing cymbal stands)

attachment.php

Front rack only (single curved bar, 2x legs, free-standing)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Then full rack - basically a GRS--850DBL, plus full length curved bar right side, and half length curved bar left side

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

I no longer have the rack as it was part of my part exchange when I brought my TD-12 last year.

I do miss it though as it looked sick. I will definitely be getting another in the not too distant future :)

Heres a couple of pictures of my kit. Ignore the guy trying to look hard in the second picture hahah ;-)

My old rack from the end of the 80s

A Pearl rack back then

Attachments

• 1-31-2012%208;41;44%20PM.jpg
    1-31-2012%208;41;44%20PM.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 2,101
This is my Pearl DR80 rack I use for my Mapex Merididan Maple kit. Not the best rack but it gets the job done and the mounts never slip.

Attachments

• WP_000125.jpg
    WP_000125.jpg
    877.4 KB · Views: 2,433
Last edited:
This one is from about fifteen years ago

This one is from around nine years ago.

Barry

Last edited:
This rack was purchased for my new Mapex Meridian Maple kit but I'm still waiting to get it. For now I threw on my Export Selects. They look really good but can't wait to see the Mapex in Supernova Burst on it.

Attachments

• 20131205_000207-1.jpg
    20131205_000207-1.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 1,346
Well after going through all the photos I have to admit the rack Bo posted was bar far the best!!!

Couldn't live without my rack system

Attachments

• photo 1(1).JPG
    photo 1(1).JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,214
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,203
Back