Show off your Ludwigs? : )

Here's a shot of a casual little gig we did at Doheny State Park for the late, legendary longboard maker Bill Holden. These drums are so cool!

Nice looking kit and set up. Is this the first time you have posted a picture of your Ludwig kit? What are the sizes?

I think the only thing about those that are Ludwig are the reso heads on the kick drums...they don't look like Ludwigs otherwise, at all.

On eBay all it said was: keller maple shells ludwig.

I can't find it on eBay anymore, I just went thru all tof the Luddie section.

On eBay all it said was: keller maple shells ludwig.

I can't find it on eBay anymore, I just went thru all tof the Luddie section.

Yeah...Ludwig didn't make those drums. I'm guessing some hobbyist or custom shop did and somehow, someone believed they were Ludwigs...maybe due to the reso head on that one kick drum.

Yeah...Ludwig didn't make those drums. I'm guessing some hobbyist or custom shop did and somehow, someone believed they were Ludwigs...maybe due to the reso head on that one kick drum.

Is that someone me?

But I agree, Ludwig doesn't use that kind of tom mountings, or make 20x27 bass drums! (I think...)

...I want those ones, and these ones, and those other ones, and those other other ones, and this one here, and these ones, might as well take those ones there, no, not those ones, on second though, those ones, and maybe these ones for good measure.

barry

I have the re-issue of the Vistalite John Bonham kit.

Signature Peart Sabian set (the 3 piece) and the rest are Paiste (also the signature series; i think they call it)

I use Emliminator double bass pedals.

Also have an original clear vistalite kit bought from a friend. I sent it to the DrumPad, and had them clean it up and put the missing pieces on it.

I measured it at 123 decibels--very very loud. My ride will ring out for a week if I don't grab it.

Keith Moon had a clear one, without resonant head on that new drum video "Classic rock drum solos" with Carmine Appice--best drum solo video ever!

look for the goldfish in the low tom.

And Karen Carpenter had a blue one, also without resonant heads--very underrated drummer, if you can find her playing "Dancing in the streets" and singing (as on the Crapenters doc) you'll see some very cool jazz drumming.

2453233467_a1642dc376.jpg

2453235113_3278706cc7.jpg

2453236921_656e86cd76.jpg

2453239061_fe57330db6.jpg

2454068188_f0368c67f5.jpg

Big photos here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/benadrian/

Ben Adrian

Nice. I have a birch ludwig set my self. Just a 3 pc. 16x20, 14x14 , 8x10.

I just bought the kit a few months ago and had to send back both toms. The floor tom was out of round and the bearing edges were crap in the rack tom. I should be getting them back new one from them any day now...hopefully.

What do are using on your bass drum batter side? PS3 clear?

I tried the emad but I didnt like it. Right now im back to the stock head and a pillow inside and EQ3 ported reso head

Nice. I have a birch ludwig set my self. Just a 3 pc. 16x20, 14x14 , 8x10.

What do are using on your bass drum batter side? PS3 clear?

Add an 8" x 12" and you have my kit.

The bass batter is a clear PS3. I really prefer coated, but I had the clear laying around. Also, the felt on the reso single ply works great for me.

ben

I gave the champagne kit to my brother once I got the birch luddies. He didn't have a set and I dont have room for 2 kits.

I noticed you have an acrolite like me as well. Mine is in galaxy black.

I might eventually order a bitch luddy snare to go with the kit but i think i'll get it in a different finish..maybe piano black. For some reason, I prefer not to have a matching snare color/finish with a kit.

Back