My new set!

Hello,
This is my brand new PDP maple concept series drum kit. I have been saving up a long time for me to upgrade from my dads old Pearl 5-piece fiberglass kit. This is my first actual kit that I have paid for. I have worked very hard for this kit considering I do not have a job/or can get one due to my age, but I am exited to see your comments about my kit!

I am wondering about what other cymbal/accessories that I should consider looking into. I play hard rock/metal types of music. But I play about anything that has a good beat.

Bands I love.
-BlessTheFall
Bands I like.
-Breaking Benjamin
-Asking Alexandria
-Sleeping with sirens.

And about every other bands that plays this type of music.
Due to the high resolution of the picture,
the picture of my set can be found here.
http://i.imgur.com/zf9tQCm.jpg

I would love to hear your comments about it, and recommendations you have for accessories/cymbals I should look into,
-Jake

FineVisionz;1227841 I am wondering about what other cymbal/accessories that I should consider looking into. I play hard rock/metal types of music. But I play about anything that has a good beat. [/QUOTE said:
Maybe a china cymbal and/or a cow bell.

Wow congrats. That looks like a very nice kit, some good cymbals, and a demon drive pedal. Very cool.

Hello,
This is my brand new PDP maple concept series drum kit. I have been saving up a long time for me to upgrade from my dads old Pearl 5-piece fiberglass kit. This is my first actual kit that I have paid for. I have worked very hard for this kit considering I do not have a job/or can get one due to my age, but I am exited to see your comments about my kit!

I am wondering about what other cymbal/accessories that I should consider looking into. I play hard rock/metal types of music. But I play about anything that has a good beat.

Bands I love.
-BlessTheFall
Bands I like.
-Breaking Benjamin
-Asking Alexandria
-Sleeping with sirens.

And about every other bands that plays this type of music.
Due to the high resolution of the picture,
the picture of my set can be found here.
http://i.imgur.com/zf9tQCm.jpg

I would love to hear your comments about it, and recommendations you have for accessories/cymbals I should look into,
-Jake

I bought that same kit a few months ago. Same color even. Those are very nice shells and you can get a lot of different sounds out of them depending on your head choices and tuning. I am using clear anbassadors for both reso and batter heads on the toms. PS3's on the bass drum and Evans G1 coated batter / Evans 300 snare side heads on the snare drum.

I am not very familiar with the bands you have listed but Zildjian A series cymbals and the Sabian AA series are able to cover a lot of ground and are easily found in the used market for good prices. If your a big hitter and need more cut and durability you might look the Ziljdian Z series cymbals but I think the A or AA lines will work well for you.

You made an excellent choice. The bang for the back doesn't get much higher on a new kit purchase.

http://members.toast.net/dwyss/pics/CM1.jpg

They look great and you have worked hard for them!
I second getting a china and a cow bell. Or perhaps a side snare.

Word of advice, the next time you save money to buy a kit, I suggest you consider a vintage kit, especially Rogers. They are American made, they sound and look great and they will appreciate in value, as opposed to any newer kit that will only depreciate.
That's a nice kit and I'm sure it sounds good.

Word of advice, the next time you save money to buy a kit, I suggest you consider a vintage kit, especially Rogers. They are American made, they sound and look great and they will appreciate in value, as opposed to any newer kit that will only depreciate.
That's a nice kit and I'm sure it sounds good.

I don't think you are going to find too many 7pc Rodgers kits in that condition or for that price...

I don't think you are going to find too many 7pc Rodgers kits in that condition or for that price...

That's true, it was only a suggestion. I don't like many newer kits, especially the Chinese made ones and the American made kits are way overpriced. That's one reason I only buy vintage drums.

Wise choice my friend. There isn't a better maple set from china within this price range on the market right now imo. Congrats! I think the white color is great.

That's true, it was only a suggestion. I don't like many newer kits, especially the Chinese made ones and the American made kits are way overpriced. That's one reason I only buy vintage drums.

I also have my dads vintage 40+ year old pearl fiberglass kit. I wanted a kit of my own, and wanted to upgrade. To me this was an upgrade, you may not think that since you sound to like vintage kits over the newer ones. I respect your opinion. If any of you would like to see picture of it, I would be more than happy to take some!

Thanks for all the comments!
-Jake

I also have my dads vintage 40+ year old pearl fiberglass kit. I wanted a kit of my own, and wanted to upgrade. To me this was an upgrade, you may not think that since you sound to like vintage kits over the newer ones. I respect your opinion. If any of you would like to see picture of it, I would be more than happy to take some!

Thanks for all the comments!
-Jake

Yes, always post pictures.

Back