Show us your Four Piece Kits.

An friend of mine once had a Sunlite kit, and the bass drum sounded great. Peace and goodwill.

The bass has never been a problem. It sounds decent. It's the toms that need a lot of attention and some dampening. It does what I need for now.

When I said heavily battered, it was not only the outside of the shells were dinged and chipped, but also the insides (don't know how someone managed that). Extra holes were drilled, all the metal was rusted, and the heads were split open - ha ha. Two toms, 12 and 13" - paid 10 bucks 'em.

I put a little work into them with spare parts I had laying around, but they still didn't sound or look too hot - no longer around.

I'm sure if one of those bass drums had decent heads on it, it'd sound just fine.

Last edited:
Here we are. It's a 90's Keller-shell Slingerland which somebody rewrapped in white marine pearl, which I haven't gotten around to redoing. It came with a 10" tom I never use. The snare is by Select, which I think was Craviotto's first company.

Attachments

• Untitled-3_smaller.jpg
    Untitled-3_smaller.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 2,161
Maybe you could take off the wrap so it would match the toms. But if you're happy with it that's what matters.

I took the wrap off last night. The wood underneath looks good but is much lighter, so I will have to stain it to make it match the Gretsch toms. I am going to take my time and do it right. OR I may buy two Pearl toms and paint them and the bass drum. I will decide in a day or two. Peace and goodwill.

Here is the newly refinished Pearl Export bass drum with the Gretsch toms. The snare is also a Pearl Export. I am happy with how it came out. I obviously did nothing to the hoops because I am not sure if they are glued all the way around. Peace and goodwill.

Attachments

• 100_0385.JPG
    100_0385.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,970
  • 100_0386.JPG
    100_0386.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,926
  • 100_0387.JPG
    100_0387.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,947
My Sonor Force series kit. I had it painted recently. sizes are 9x12; 16x16; 18x22.
The snare drum is a later 70s or early 80s Tama Swingstar 6x14

I had the paint mixed for these drums. I was after Bel Air blue. These drums have been two shades of red, and were originally wrapped in white.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,878
My Sonor Force series kit. I had it painted recently. sizes are 9x12; 16x16; 18x22.
The snare drum is a later 70s or early 80s Tama Swingstar 6x14

I had the paint mixed for these drums. I was after Bel Air blue. These drums have been two shades of red, and were originally wrapped in white.

They look nice. Peace and goodwill.

Here is the newly refinished Pearl Export bass drum with the Gretsch toms. The snare is also a Pearl Export. I am happy with how it came out. I obviously did nothing to the hoops because I am not sure if they are glued all the way around. Peace and goodwill.

That looks much better. I like that you left the inlay on the hoops. Looks classy like that.
Good job!

My babies......8)

Bonzolead

Attachments

• Yamaha's.jpg
    Yamaha's.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,935
  • Ludwigs.jpg
    Ludwigs.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,907
  • Crush's.jpg
    Crush's.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,922

Looks great...............Natural is classy.

My babies......8)

Bonzolead

Man those Acrylics look Bada$$

Greetings everyone! Getting my feet wet here with a picture of my four-piece taken before the gig last night.

20130501_195403.jpg

It matched up nicely - they look really good.

If you ever decide to remove the trim on the hoops, just get it started and use a heat gun on it. It'll come off even if glued all the way around. You might have some leftover glue to remove before doing anything more though.

Thanks for the nice comment here's a pic of them on stage.

Keep Swattin'
Bonzolead

Wow, those look unbelievable. I've always wanted an acrylic set but of course that's based on looks. I own a Pork Pie acrylic snare and love it, but I know nothing of hearing acrylic toms/bass in person.

I'd love to get a set of acrylic Pork Pies but I don't make 6 figures! I've been playing a 6 piece kit, 2 up 2 down in my four-piece rock cover band. I've been dabbling with the thought of finding a talented guitarist/singer and attempting a 2-man-original-band minimalist approach ala Black Keys or White Stripes. And with that, I'd prefer to play 1up, 1 down. That 5 piece Crush set is definitely affordable, but I'd love to purchase the drums individually as I really wouldn't need the high tom or snare.

Wow, those look unbelievable. I've always wanted an acrylic set but of course that's based on looks. I own a Pork Pie acrylic snare and love it, but I know nothing of hearing acrylic toms/bass in person.

I'd love to get a set of acrylic Pork Pies but I don't make 6 figures! I've been playing a 6 piece kit, 2 up 2 down in my four-piece rock cover band. I've been dabbling with the thought of finding a talented guitarist/singer and attempting a 2-man-original-band minimalist approach ala Black Keys or White Stripes. And with that, I'd prefer to play 1up, 1 down. That 5 piece Crush set is definitely affordable, but I'd love to purchase the drums individually as I really wouldn't need the high tom or snare.
to be honest I rarely use the 10" tom it sounds sweet but i'm a 4-piece player i've been contemplating of selling it & getting the 18" floor tom instead & using 2 floor toms but it's not super important right now..lol.
I really like the sound of the acrylics especially the bass drum it might be a 18 x 22 bass but it booms like a 24 with a really nice punch. the only drawback is that they're f**king heavy..lol but damn they do sound good so it's worth it...lol. if you're thinking about it get em' I have no regrets after getting these drums.

Keep Swattin'
Bonzolead

That blue Breakbeats kit is cool! Peace and goodwill.

Back