My new Gretsch USA Custom

Alesi

Hi Everyone, I've received my brand new Gretsch USA Custom kit, I got it from Steve Maxwell store and it sounds amazing. Sorry for the bad quality pics, my phone´s camera flash is not working anymore. I'll be uploading a few with better quality
2013-08-12

2013-08-12

Gorgeous. One of these days, I'm-a-join that family myself.

Wow! Great! Is that Satin Burnt Orange? My dream USA kit would consist of burnt orange gloss duco. Like an old tobacco burst Les Paul.....

Sweet little Jazzer you have there. Steve M and his gang are good folks to deal with.
Enjoy.

Very nice kit, i have owned 5 gretsch kits and currently own a Catalina Club Jazz in Walnut lacquer and have been jonesing for another USA Custom kit. My preference is for Gloss lacquer but after seeing your beautiful kit, maybe the satin might be up for consideration. Congratulations on the new kit, nothing better than getting a new kit.

How much was shipping from New York to Argentina???

Well, I bought it and shipped to Miami, where I travelled a few weeks ago. Then, I came back with the drumset. Otherwise, I don't think I really could afford an USA Custom Set. Just in perspective, in Argentina you will be paying around USD 10.000 for a kit like this. So, I decided to travel, get to know a little about Florida and then come back with my drumset. It was much less expensive!

Congratulations! Beautiful kit. Is it 18/12/14? Burnt Orange Satin....great choice.

I recently copied that stain shade from a swatch Gretsch sent me. I painted a 40's Gretsch shellpack.....I call it Gretsch-like Burnt Orange Satin because I had the stain matched from a local paint store. It turned out nice.....NOT as nice as yours of course.

Nothing like laying into a new Gretsch Custom USA shellpack.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Yes, it is Satin Burn Orange. I went originally for a Natural Satin but this one blew my mind. It's too bad that I couldn't use the set for my band new recording.

Sweet kit.........Are the badges on the new usa kits round or oblong ??? And do all the usa have the sticker on the inside shell of a american flag??

Sweet kit.........Are the badges on the new usa kits round or oblong ??? And do all the usa have the sticker on the inside shell of a american flag??

Do you mean the ones they are making now, or in 2013, when the original thread was posted? :)

A 2015 Kit that im looking at has the round badges cant see them real clear .ive asked the seller to send a better pic.But i figured id get a answer here as well.

Nice Kit Congratulations on the score. What heads do you think you will eventually go with. I always find it interesting what heads people choose on Gretsch USA's.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 2015 Kit that im looking at has the round badges cant see them real clear .ive asked the seller to send a better pic.But i figured id get a answer here as well.

My point was that you bumped a thread from 2013 so you might not get the answer you are after.
Someone here might know though.

Back