INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hey Everyone!

Real name? Jack Love

Age? 28

How long have you been playing drums for? 6 years

Origin of username? Not quite sure actually....

Top 5 favorite drummers? Mike Johnston, Buddy Rich, Mike Portnoy, Benny Greb, Taz

Make of your drum kit? I have 2 kits that I play. One is a custom Shine kit, and the other an early 80's Gretsch.

Make of cymbals? I'm in love with Meinl Cymbals. More specifically the Sand series, and the extra dry series.

Where do you practice? I practice at my studio in Seattle.

Are you in a band? 3 in fact! Crazy...

Originals or covers? For live shows, I play mostly originals. But I am trying to learn more and more covers for my own benefit.

Style? I play just about any style, but I've been playing punk the longest.

Favorite food? Crepes. It's a strange addiction....

What country? USA

Fun fact about me? I studied music in college, but did not start playing drums until after. I studied classical and jazz trumpet.

What got me into drumming? It looked really fun, and I found out that it was!

Real Name?: Taylor Camp

Age?:17

How long Have I been playing drums? 5 years

Top 5 drummers? Jeremy Bush, Mike Johnston, Benny Greb, Thomas Lang, Kenny Aronof

Make of Drum Kit? Crush

Make of Cymbals? Zildjian K, Zildjian Avedis

Where do you practice? Bedroom, Church

Are you in a band? Yes, I'm in the band 70x7 which is a christian band from my church.

Originals or Covers? Mix of both

Style? I just keep it simple and play what the music calls for.

Favorite Food? Pizza

What Country? United States

Fun fact about me? I someday hope to play the drums professionally.

How I started drumming? 6th grade band

How long have you been playing: Only started seriously recently.

Origin of user name: Mainly a guitarist

Your top 5 drummers: George Kollias, Derek Roddy, Chad Wackerman, David Gray, Flo Mounier

Make of drumkit: Whatever's available at rehearsal

Make of cymbal: Sabian

Where do you practice: Bedroom, rehearsal space

Are you in a band: Yes, Burial Ground as a bassist currently.

Do you play covers or originals: Originals

What style of music: Death metal

Favourite take out food: Hamburgers

What country do you live in: Belgium

One really odd fact about yourself: I eat quite a lot while being quite skinny (62Kg)

How did you start drumming: Always found it a fun instrument to play & went behind the kit a few times to bash away at rehearsals.Since i've always run into an issue with drummers quitting or getting kickefd for various reasons i decidec to give it a shot myself (And there were axis longboards on sale for cheaps second hand)

How long have you been playing: 30+ years

Origin of user name: A proud Pole!

Your top 5 drummers: Bill Bruford, Pat Mastelotto, Peter Erskine, Terry Bozzio, Gavin Harrison

Make of drumkit: Mapex. Also have a Tama Starclassic and a vintage Ludwig psych red

Make of cymbal: Sabian

Where do you practice: Basement, rehearsal space

Are you in a band: Yes, drum set for an original rock trio (Nimble Vagrant) and hand drums for a Celtic band

Do you play covers or originals: Originals in the trio, both in the Celtic band

What style of music: Pop/Rock/Jam band and again, that Celtic thing

Favourite take out food: Pizza

What country do you live in: U.S.

One really odd fact about yourself: I was an English Lit major but never read Moby Dick

How did you start drumming: My brother and my cousin were already playing guitar and I wanted to play something. Saw Kiss live on HBO in the late 70's and that helped me make my decision.

Hi drummers!

How long have you been playing: 25+ years

Origin of user name: ...

Your top 5 drummers: Abe Laboriel JR, Matt Sorum, Brian Bennett, Keith Moon and my Father

Make of drumkit: Ludwig

Make of cymbal: Paiste

Where do you practice: Music Live Studio, Paris.

Are you in a band: Not at the moment

Do you play covers or originals: Originals and covers

What style of music: Rock/Metal

Favourite take out food: Carbonara

What country do you live in: France

One really odd fact about yourself: I am a huge fan of motoGP but I don't have my motorcycle licence...

How did you start drumming: With my father at 5.

Greetings.

How long have you been playing: About a year, I think.

Origin of user name: I've been bassist for most of my life, now I'm a drummer. 1+1=2.

Your top 5 drummers: Keith Moon, Ginger Baker, John Bonham, Dave Grohl, Jay Lane

Make of drumkit: Pearl Forum

Make of cymbal: Meinl MCS (so far)

Where do you practice: Girlfriend's parents' basement.

Are you in a band: Indeed.

Do you play covers or originals: Originals, mostly.

What style of music: Hard rock/punk.

Favourite take out food: Pizza.

What country do you live in: Slovenia.

Fun fact about yourself: I was born in the UK but recently moved out here to live with my girlfriend.

How did you start drumming: I started by just jamming with my girlfriend's band a few times when I was visiting and their drummer couldn't make it to rehearsals, but that happened so often that I just eventually became their drummer full-time after I moved here.

Real name? Bobby

Age? 43

How long have you been playing? 12 years

Origin of user name? My uncle used to call me that sometimes, because I used to bang rhythms on everything.

Your top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, John Bonham, Jeep MacNichol, Art Blakey, Animal

Make of drumkit? Pacific

Make of cymbal? Sabian, Zildjian

Where do you practice? Home, office, car

Are you in a band? Kinda. Worship band at church.

What style of music? Contemporary worship mostly, but we've thrown in some Foo Fighters, Switchfoot, Mute Math, Beatles. I'm mostly a classic rock guy.

Favourite take out food? Pizza

What country do you live in? Texas

One really odd fact about yourself? I've never done illegal drugs.

How did you start drumming? My church had 87 guitarists and one drummer. The worship leader asked if someone would take up drums to help him out. My uncle, a phenomenal guitarist, pointed to me and said, "I nominate Rhythm Boy."

Yo

How long have you been playing: Tabla - 10+ years, Drumset - 10+ years, Bass - 20+ years

Origin of user name: All I play are rhythm instruments, and I'm a wizard with rhythms (or so I'm told)

Your top 5 drummers: Danny Carey, Zakir Hussain, Jimmy Chamberlin, John Bonham, Buddy Rich

Make of drumkit: Mapex M-Birch

Make of cymbal: Sabian B8s(For Now)

Where do you practice: I rent a practice space

Are you in a band: Affirmative. I play Bass and Drums (not at the same time of course)

Do you play covers or originals: Half and Half

What style of music: Progressive Psychadelic Hard Funk Rock (if I have to pick a genre)

Favourite take out food: Falafel (its the desert blood in me, I swear)

What country do you live in: Teh US O'MF'N-A

Fun fact about yourself: I know Kung Fu...seriously.

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. Thought I would introduce myself and tell a little about me. I guess we follow this question format. I have been trying to drum for a little over 2 years way more off than on. I have had a few lessons, but still really stink.

How long have you been playing: Like I said a lil over 2 years, but really only have played a handful of months between that time.

Origin of user name: I now have a PDP X7 orange sparkle kit, I love Sabian cymbals I own 6 and one in layaway.

Your top 5 drummers: I don't really know names, but I like the drummers from Fireflight, Disciple, As I lay dying, Joey Jordison, and the dude from Five Finger Death Punch. Most are Christian bands, but I branch out too. I really love some fast double pedal.

Make of drum kit: PDP X7 orange sparkle. For now her name is Marmalade. You know for orange marmalade. I know it might be cheesy to name a kit, but hey I am cheesy too.

Make of cymbal: Sabian AAX 15" and 18" crashes, 14" AAX high hats, 20" AA medium ride, 18" XS20 china, and 12" APX splash. Zildjian Zil-bel. 10" Wuhan splash (don't care for it. Bought because it was cheap)

Where do you practice: I have kit set-up in second bedroom which is office/ my wife's craft space/ my kit space. I have to only play during certain hours due to being in a condo. I want to be respectful. At least my next door neighbor has a small kit too, just very rarely plays it.

Are you in a band: I wish I was good enough. But, after a while I would love to be. I would also love to play on Worship team at my Church.

Do you play covers or originals: Neither yet. Still getting basics down.

What style of music: Christian rock, metal, and some contemporary Christian.

Favorite take out food: Wow! Tough one. I love Gyro's, but for the life of me I cannot find a good one even in a pretty large capitol city Columbus, Ohio. I will take suggestions from anyone near here.

What country do you live in: The USA.

Fun fact about yourself: I am actually a pretty funny person, and I recently lost 110lbs.

Gonna try to post some pics of my kit on here. The empty stand usually hold my china, but I let a buddy borrow it for a gig. Oh and the Tama bass drum head was a port or no port experiment. It will not stay that way, I feel it is just wrong. Don't judge...
sAap7Pk.jpg
[/IMG]

k7QlFrn.jpg
[/IMG]

The Zil-bel is in a funny spot, but it is just holding the spot for my 16" AAX O-zone in layaway.

UyYXCZe.jpg
[/IMG]

lM8vl9S.jpg
[/IMG]

I guess you could say this is my driver seat.

Ujnm2B5.jpg
[/IMG]

Hope you like it and you got to know me a little.

Brand spanking new to this forum.

Real name? Doug

Age? 59

How long have you been playing? Off and on for 47 years

Origin of user name? Being older than dirt and having played a number of different kits over the years I've come full circle and realize the vintage drum makers had it right all along. No more trends for me.

Your top 5 drummers? Russ Kunkel, Matt Chamberlain, Jim Keltner, Stevie DiStanislao, Neil Peart (lots more respect and love for a much longer list of drummers than these five)

Make of drumkit? Rescued many of the last Yamaha Recording Custom shells in Antique Sunburst from the Japanese factory before the series was discontinued

Make of cymbal? Switched to nearly all Istanbul Agops with a few vintage Sabians, two 80's Wuhan Chinese cymbals and a new Bosphorus 18" 18-hole crash

Where do you practice? Private rehearsal studio

Are you in a band? Not at this time, but will start filling in for worship at my church

Do you play covers or originals? Mostly covers

What style of music? Wide variety of musical tastes

Favorite take out food? Jimboy's Beef Tacos and Blue Coast Burritos Fish Tacos

What country do you live in? USA

One really odd fact about yourself? My dad's side of the family are direct descendants from the Vikings: pillage and plunder sort of stuff

How did you start drumming? I watched the Beatles perform live on the Ed Sullivan show when I was 9 years old. Watching Ringo having fun rocking it out, I knew instantly I had to play the drums.

Last edited:
Real name?

Jimmy

Age?

How long have you been playing?

18 years but with a 6 year gap.

Your top 5 drummers?

Gotta be Buddy Rich, Keith Moon, John Bonham, Nick Mason and Chad Smith.

Make of drumkit?

I have a Mapex V series but I'm looking to upgrade to a Ludwig kit soon and get a Roland Electronic kit for practicing in the house.

Make of cymbal?

Sabian Pro Sonics, a dark Stagg crash cymbal.

Where do you practice?

I practice my rudiments on a pad, the only time I get to play on a kit at the present moment is in rehearsal studios, can't play the Mapex in the house.

Are you in a band?

Not presently but I used to be in a blues covers band and a heavy rock band that did Sabbathy stuff. Love Sabbath but that's the heaviest stuff that I'm into - the band wanted to be more like Pantera so I left.

Do you play covers or originals?

I can play mainly blues covers. Really enjoy playing Floyd stuff. I like playing original stuff with bands too.

What style of music?

Heavy R&B drummer. Also like a mixture of funk.

Favourite take out food?

Like authentic indian curries with lentils and vegetables.

What country do you live in?

Scotland.

One really odd fact about yourself?

I hold a Master of Arts degree in Screenwriting.

How did you start drumming?

My dad was a huge fan of Frank Sinatra and on one of the videos Buddy Rich joined Frank Sinatra. From then on I knew I wanted to play the drums, it further developed with music lessons at school, then I discovered The Who and Keith Moon.

Pleasure to be on the forum.

Last edited:
Howdy! I'm Martha Lentz

-Live in Lakewood, WA

-I'm the drummer for 3 outfits... Band called One Step Closer, my church worship team, and a duo with a guy where we play oldies but goodies at veterans homes and retirement centers.

-Career as a hydrogeologist/geologist. Currently working part time as a geologist for a consulting firm reviewing technical reports. Retired in 2012 from EPA as a hydrogeologist for 31 years.

-Hobbies include (other than drums) tying paracord stuff like plant hangers, survival bracelets, and dog collars and leashes ... here's my web site: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KnottyUNeeks

I love riding my Harley Heritage, playing video games like LOTRO and FFXIV.
Raising my doberman pup for the last few months... he's almost 9 months old now, and is the sweetest dog in the world! Love my 2 cats and 2 pigmy goats too!

I played acoustic guitar for years, and still do when they need me at church.

I'm married with 2 grown kids, ages 27 and 25.... no grand kids yet!

Havin' a blast playing drums in a classic rock group!

Edit: Just realized you wanted me to answer certain questions:

Real Name? Martha
Age? 56
How long have you been playing? 3 years
Origin of user name? have red hair
Your top 5 drummers? Jon Bonham, Neil Pert
Make of drumkit? Tama
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian
Where do you practice? At home with electronic drums, and at church on my acoustic set
Are you in a band? yep... Classic rock/contemporary country band called One Step Closer, Praise Chapel worship team
Do you play covers or originals? Covers
What style of music? Classic rock, contemporary Christian and country.
Favourite take out food? Pizza!!!
What country do you live in? US
One really odd fact about yourself? I worked on Mt. St. Helens for 5 years in the 1980's and almost got killed in the crater.
How did you start drumming? My son had Rockband, and I found I could do it and it was fun! lol.... not very dramatic, eh?

Real name? Jackson

Age? 47

How long have you been playing? 10yrs

Origin of user name? Play on real name.

Your top 5 drummers?
Jeff Porcaro
Gary Mallaber
Jerry Shirley
Tommy Lee
Frankie Banali

Make of drumkit? Pearl

Make of cymbal? A virtual smorgasbord, Zildjians, Sabians, Paiste's..

Where do you practice? Home & keyboard players printing shop.

Are you in a band? Yes

Do you play covers or originals? 70% Covers, 30% Originals

What style of music? Mostly play rock from 50's through today.

Favorite take out food? Popeye's chicken

What country do you live in? USA

One really odd fact about yourself? I sleep with my eyes open.

How did you start drumming? I bought a drumset and took some lessons

Real name?
João Guilherme

Age?

Round 15 years

Origin of user name?
That would be the inicials of my name+middle name

Your top 5 drummers?
Lately that would be (1) Mike Portnoy, (2) John Macaluso (Mainly along with Ark), (3) João Barone, (4) Chris Adler, (5) Ricardo Confessori

Make of drumkit?
Mapex

Make of cymbal?
Paiste/Sabian

Where do you practice?
In my bedroom on a 8 piece practice pad

Are you in a band?
2 bands

Covers all the way
I used to play on an original one that lasted for 8 years.. A Punk Rock/HC band so, thats part of my "school" overall..

What style of music?
(1) Brazilian popular rythms such as axé, samba rock, sertanejo, baião and so on (that would be the main "gig" band
(2) Mainly Cake, for fun

Favourite take out food?
Not a food per se, ICECREAM =)

Brazil

I love my country but always look for information on internacional database such as cientific articles or drumming

Used to pay attention on the drummer at a church I used to go to as a child. One day got the oportunity to sit behind the kit and was able to play many of the songs, still, started playing a few years later when I moved to another town where I used to tell people I was a drummer... One day somebody bought the idea and yeah, I was! =)

Hi all! :)

Real name? Francesco

Age? 24

How long have you been playing? 12 years

Origin of user name? Taken from the Servant leadership principle

Your top 5 drummers? Colaiuta, Weckl, Lang, Kollias

Make of drumkit? Pearl

Make of cymbal? Paiste/Zildjian

Where do you practice? In my bedroom, surrounded by pads!

Are you in a band? Yes

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? I try to listen and play everything but I dedicate most of the time and study to death metal :)

Favourite take out food? Angus burger or everything made of meat :D

What country do you live in? Italy

One really odd fact about yourself? I love metal music but I don't like people who love metal music

How did you start drumming? I was 12yo, one afternoon I was so angry because of a discussion with somebody and was listening to "take a look around" by limp bizkit. I started playing air drum trying to replicate what John Otto was doing :D I felt so stupid but so happy and decided to study and play drum :)

Hello everyone!
Real name?
Alex Alfortish
Age?
15 years
Origin of user name?
video game/inside joke
Your top 5 drummers?
Josh Freese, Chad smith, Zach Hill, John Bonham, dave turncrantz (always changing list)
Make of drumkit?
tama
Make of cymbal?
sabian
Where do you practice?
houses and gigs
Are you in a band?
a couple
both
What style of music?
Whatever
Favourite take out food?
Hamburger
usa
I look down and to the left when I drum
My dad bought a kit from a neighbor, a red CB drum-set for $100.

Hello.

Real name?
Jim

Age?

Since 1965

Origin of user name?
I love the look of chrome, especially with stage lighting.
Main kit (until last year) was a Slingerland set with a chrome wrap finish.

Your top 5 drummers?
Don Brewer, Neil Peart, Phil Ehart, Bill Bruford were early influences. I can't name a number 5. I listen to too many.

Make of drumkit?
DW Collectors, Vintage Slingerland and Vintage Ludwig

Make of cymbal?
Paiste, Zildjian, Sabian, WuHan

Where do you practice?
Practice studio with the band(s) and at home.

Are you in a band?
Yes, sometimes two.

Covers and I am usually involved in a project that involves original material.

What style of music?
Rock and Progressive Rock

Favourite take out food?
Whatever is close. Like Burgers, Ribs, Pasta and love Cincinnati style chili

USA

I tend to look at the "reality" side of things. Too much, most of the time.

My Dad started teaching me to play Snare Drum. He played through high school. Just before Christmas 1965, my parents bought a drum set for me for my Christmas present. A "cheap" Winston brand kit with a Bass Drum, one Mounted Tom, Snare, one Cymbal, and a Hi-Hat. Dad later purchased a Slingerland Floor Tom and a 20"Paiste Formula 602 Ride to complete my first "outfit". BTW, I have used the Paiste ride cymbal that Dad bought for me, in every performance to date.

Real name? Kate
Age? 39
How long have you been playing? Since 2012 About a year and a half (16 months self thought, 2 month lessons)

Origin of user name? The name of our band
Your top 5 drummers? Joe Morello, Paul Motian, Max Roach, Travis Barker, Billy Kilson

Make of drumkit?Aria
Make of cymbal? Pearl
Where do you practice? Home
Are you in a band? Yes, Wait For It

Do you play covers or originals? Mostly originals, some covers
What style of music? Currently rock and simpler jazz, but aiming to branch out to more styles including Afro-Caribbean rhythms, funk and jazz improvisation

Favourite take out food? Anything Indian or Japanese
What country do you live in? UK
One really odd fact about yourself? I had 9 years of classical ballet training, 4 years of jazz ballet, 3 years of swing (Lindy hop) and some tap, as well as 4 years of music theory

How did you start drumming? My partner's band needed a drummer and there was a drum set in the garage no one was playing.. So I had a go and drumming was the most natural and fun thing ever... So have become addicted very quickly. Don't know if other ex-dancers also have an affinity to drumming but to me there seems to be a connection in terms of body awareness and learning sequences of movement...

Real Name? Oscar
Age? 15
How long have you been playing? 6 years

Origin of user name? World of warcraft xD
Top 5 drummers? John Bonham, John Dolmayan, Joey Jordison, David Silveria, Cant name a 5th.

Make of Drum Kit? Tama
Make of Cymbal? Sabian

Where do you Practice? Home, School Bandroom and a Recording Studio.
Are you in a band? Yes, Uridium.
Covers or Originals? Both.

Favorite takeout food? Indian.
What Country do you live in? England.
One really odd fact about myself? I enjoy watching Breaking Bad.
How did I get into drumming? I honestly cannot remember, it was so long ago and I was too young to really remember my influence.

Back