Show Off Your PDP Kits!!

CL4MBURGLAR

I haven't seen a thread for this yet, but as a recent proud owner of a PDP kit I'd like to see others! I guess if you feel the need to, DW kits are welcome as well.

I'll start it off

Just got this PDP Concept Maple 7 Piece yesterday. It sounds amazing.

Attachments

• Converted_file_60a03620.jpg
    Converted_file_60a03620.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 5,407
Is that the special blue version?? o_O

I recently started to see that color showing up but it's not on the PDP website! Is it a special edition of the Concept and are they only making a certain number with that color?

With that said POST UP MOAR PICS!!!1! lol!

Is that the special blue version?? o_O

I recently started to see that color showing up but it's not on the PDP website! Is it a special edition of the Concept and are they only making a certain number with that color?

With that said POST UP MOAR PICS!!!1! lol!

Yes haha it is the Royal Blue to black fade. It is exclusive to Guitar Center and its sister stores like Musicians Friend, etc.

Attachments

• Converted_file_0f669c64.jpg
    Converted_file_0f669c64.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 7,557
Yes haha it is the Royal Blue to black fade. It is exclusive to Guitar Center and its sister stores like Musicians Friend, etc.

Interesting. Do you know off hand how many sets are being made in that color or if there is any info you can link me to about this. Going to look into it myself as well.

Nice set man, too bad they don't offer more colors and better finishes for their sets. Their quality is top notch both for their shells and paint but the colors are so bland and there's not alot of choices.

Interesting. Do you know off hand how many sets are being made in that color or if there is any info you can link me to about this. Going to look into it myself as well.

Nice set man, too bad they don't offer more colors and better finishes for their sets. Their quality is top notch both for their shells and paint but the colors are so bland and there's not alot of choices.

Sorry, I just tried looking but I can't seem to find anything about the color specificity. I would imagine that they will keep making and giving that color to Guitar Center as long as people keep buying it. I know what you mean, the colors they give you on the website are incredibly boring. This finish is a nice change, though. Thanks!

Ok thanks anyway. Maybe one day I might consider trading in my white X7 maple for a blue to black Concept maple. Though yes it is sharp man and welcome to the club of satisfied PDP owners! The X7 maple and Conept maple are a bargain for what you get, craftsmanship and especially sound. Deep, wet and punchy with just enough sustain!

Enjoy!

Did you set up your bass drum backwards on purpose? Love the color of your kit though.

Did you set up your bass drum backwards on purpose? Love the color of your kit though.

Whoa I didn't even notice that lol! I was so in awe about seeing a blue version of the Concept I overlooked that.

I haven't seen a thread for this yet, but as a recent proud owner of a PDP kit I'd like to see others! I guess if you feel the need to, DW kits are welcome as well.

I'll start it off

Just got this PDP Concept Maple 7 Piece yesterday. It sounds amazing.
Curious about your pedals; is your slave pedal just not connected?

Whoa I didn't even notice that lol! I was so in awe about seeing a blue version of the Concept I overlooked that.

Wow I feel really stupid. I have been wondering why the kick is so far back and the toms are so close and I've had trouble keeping the kick still when I play. I've been playing the kick backwards. Thanks guys I would have never noticed without you.

Wow I feel really stupid. I have been wondering why the kick is so far back and the toms are so close and I've had trouble keeping the kick still when I play. I've been playing the kick backwards. Thanks guys I would have never noticed without you.

No biggie at all man. I'm sure we've all been there at some point whether it's drums or something else in life. I take it you might be a beginner with all this?

Either way, enjoy the journey of learning how to set it up and especially play it.

Salute.

Glad we could help. Now go and enjoy that sweet looking kit!

CM7 Pearlescent White
(Gretsch Free Floating 10x5.5 Maple Snare in pics)

DW Rack
DW 5000 accelerator Pedal
DW 9000 Remote Hi-hat

Zildjian
12" A Custom Splash
14" A Zildjian Thin Crash (x2)
14" A Zildjian Quick Beat Hats
16" A Custom Crash
17" A Zildjian Sound Lab Prototype Crash
20" A Custom Ping Ride

In action:

1009792_397289397042119_876238751_n.jpg

Another gig, another view:
1004737_389825104455215_1555701331_n.jpg

This is my FS Series with all Avedis Ziljdian cymbals.. It's not much, but it sounds pretty good. I hope to get a DW kit someday, but I have a wife to convince.

Attachments

• photo-8.jpg
    photo-8.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 2,144
  • photo-7.jpg
    photo-7.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 2,100
Love that color GospelDrummerGuy. I hear you about the wife thing.

This is mine. PDP M5 (maple). Scored it for $200 used without a snare.
Using a TAMA Artwood Birch 13" snare with it.
G2s over G1s.
Emad2 on the kick.
14" Newbeat hats, K Ride, 17" K Medium Dark Crash, 17" A Brilliant finish medium crash.

Sounds awesome for what I do (hobbyist hoping to gig when the kids get a little older).

x9z277c7jqbv6n74g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My 2 up, 1 down setup before I changed out the old heads.
abo68oel8i76luo4g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back