New here

Not4thefame

Hey y'all, thought the sticky post was sort of full and unread so i decided to make a thread. And FYI, I'm a girl. :)

Real name? Micah

Age? 16

How long have you been playing? I've played drums for 1 year but played piano for 12 and bass for 3.

Your top 5 drummers? Mike Mangini, Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, Carter Beauford, and
Jeff Porcaro.

Make of drum kit? Mapex saturn maple/walnut 6 piece kit.

Make of cymbal? Sabian but i am planning on trying out some zildjians.

Where do you practice? Music room in house.

Are you in a band? 4 bands, 3 at my chruch and one christian progressive rock band with my brother and sister in law.

Do you play covers or originals? My church plays covers but my prog. Rock band plays originals.

What style of music? Christian rock/ progressive rock

Favorite take out food? Torchy's tacos

What country do you live in? USA

One interesting fact about yourself? I am left handed but learned bass and drums right handed. When I started to play the drums i decided to learn how to play open handed and now have my drum kit set up like a smaller version of drummer Mike Mangini's kit.

How did you start drumming? My dad plays the drums and i used to sit in the drum enclosure with him at our church and watch him play all the time. Now 13 years later i finally decided to learn how to play and haven't stopped since.

Welcome :)
4 bands woohoo! I wish I had had a dad who plays drums, but anyway I am one myself now :)

Welcome to Drummerworld. Hopefully you can post some pics of your kit.​

I am left handed but learned bass and drums right handed. When I started to play the drums i decided to learn how to play open handed and now have my drum kit set up like a smaller version of drummer Mike Mangini's kit.
Welcome to the forum :) You have no idea how cool your chosen playing style is, & how much most of us wish we'd done that from the start! Check out this guy too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFGkvF_rK-A

Thanks everyone. And yes Simon Phillips has had a pretty big influence on me as well. Can't believe i didn't put him on the list. Learning opened handed does get pretty frustrating and takes A LOT of patience to get that stupid hand working. Whats really weird is that stupid hand is my left hand but I'm left handed haha. And I'll try to post some pics of my kit soon.

Here are a few pics of my kit, not the best quality but it's all i've got for now. I ordered a Mapex piccolo snare that i'll put between the 2 rack toms.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 113
  • image 2.jpg
    image 2.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 98
  • image 3.jpg
    image 3.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 117
Welcome! Very cool set-up. I've never been to or heard of a "Torchy's Tacos," hehe..

:)
Haha I'm pretty sure it's an Austin TX thing. Could be wrong though

Last edited:
Hey y'all, thought the sticky post was sort of full and unread so i decided to make a thread. And FYI, I'm a girl. :)

Real name? Micah

Age? 16

How long have you been playing? I've played drums for 1 year but played piano for 12 and bass for 3.

Your top 5 drummers? Mike Mangini, Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, Carter Beauford, and
Jeff Porcaro.

Make of drum kit? Mapex saturn maple/walnut 6 piece kit.

Make of cymbal? Sabian but i am planning on trying out some zildjians.

Where do you practice? Music room in house.

Are you in a band? 4 bands, 3 at my chruch and one christian progressive rock band with my brother and sister in law.

Do you play covers or originals? My church plays covers but my prog. Rock band plays originals.

What style of music? Christian rock/ progressive rock

Favorite take out food? Torchy's tacos

What country do you live in? USA

One interesting fact about yourself? I am left handed but learned bass and drums right handed. When I started to play the drums i decided to learn how to play open handed and now have my drum kit set up like a smaller version of drummer Mike Mangini's kit.

How did you start drumming? My dad plays the drums and i used to sit in the drum enclosure with him at our church and watch him play all the time. Now 13 years later i finally decided to learn how to play and haven't stopped since.
Hi Not4thefame... my name is Drumdame and I too am a female.

Welcome to The Forum.

Just to let you know I started drumming at 68 1/2 years young.

My motto is this: "You're never too old to be Young and you're never too old to Drum"

There's a lot of great drummers here with a lot of great info... they've helped me so much along my journey. I'll be 72 in April and when I'm on the kit I feel like I'm 17. Lol

Have fun on your journey.

By the way I love you post lot of great info.

Cheers!
Drummer_D

Welcome to the family.

Maybe the video of the Mom and daughter solo on another recent thread is this "female" whose all grown up and a Mom now-and it's some cosmic coincidence? Yeah that's it-it makes perfect sense. Just like laws of physics maybe there are laws of internet postings. Like maybe they never disappear and they may travel long distances and long times before a response. I bet some alien on a distant planet is just now reading this thread-so they will be waiting a while longer to see the Mom daughter solo. Unless it falls into a worm hole. I bet the DW forum is just full of worm holes amongst other things LOL.

I don’t think I introduced myself back in 2007??
So my name isn’t GetAgrippa it’s Arthur , and my mini-me bot’s name is Bot. I play acoustic and my bot an ekit-obviously. If y’all don’t welcome me as a new member I will be highly offended. LOl

Back