Show off your TAMA !

My new Tama B/B hyper drive-
DSC07956.jpg

Any chance that someone could weigh a virgin Tama B/B 22x18 kick drum and post the weight for me or send me a PM?

It would be a HUGE help as I decide my next set. I played one and loved the sound but there was no way to get it weighed at that particular time. I do not need shipping weight. I just need to know how heavy it would be if I go in this direction.

Thanks, in advance.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here are my Superstar Customs.

picture.php

And a pic of my old Swingstars, in Tamworth, January 2000

Last edited:
Tama Starclassic Maple in Cherry Black. Drumkit of Michael Vafiotis, drummer of 4ARM.

that looks almost exactly like Lars Ulrich's drum kit, minus the color and the splash on the toms, but every cymbal is in the identical place and looks like the exact same cymbals too

2007 Superstar EFX Hyperdrives In White Satin Haze
10 x 6.5
12 x 7
14 x 12
16 x 14
18 x 22
14 x 5.5 snare
All Zildjian cymbals

Nice kit! How do you like those hyper-drive sizes?

I just ordered a Starclassic Performer B/B in hyperdrives and it's coming in like 120-150 days.

This is our Tama Starclassic Performer kit. My son is the drummer, I'm just a lowly bass player. Performer is a great name for this set, as we gig the heck out of it and it performs like a champ!

Attachments

• cropped drum set.jpg
    cropped drum set.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 6,742
This is our Tama Starclassic Performer kit. My son is the drummer, I'm just a lowly bass player. Performer is a great name for this set, as we gig the heck out of it and it performs like a champ!

I like it when I hear that drums are actually being played out there and used like they're supposed to be!

They're drums! You play 'em!

Just for that, you get updated pics - about 25-30 gigs later. Might be time for new skins but, they are tuned right for rock and definitely cut through.

Attachments

• IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    422.2 KB · Views: 6,178
  • IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    466.5 KB · Views: 6,166
  • IMG_1185.JPG
    IMG_1185.JPG
    487.7 KB · Views: 6,229
  • IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    406.4 KB · Views: 6,088
Drums take up tooooooo much room not to be used. My son wants to bring a set out to NYC for street performing....for that, I'm putting together a junk set, or maybe even a kiddie set.

If I played you a tape of what he sounded like last year at this time, and our latest recording done two weeks ago, you wouldn't believe how far he's come.

Thank you Tama for making the drums, and to the salesman who pushed them on me :)

Drums take up tooooooo much room not to be used. My son wants to bring a set out to NYC for street performing....for that, I'm putting together a junk set, or maybe even a kiddie set.

If I played you a tape of what he sounded like last year at this time, and our latest recording done two weeks ago, you wouldn't believe how far he's come.

Thank you Tama for making the drums, and to the salesman who pushed them on me :)

You should do a video and post it on YouTube. I like to think this is the forum where we all check each other out. It can only be good!

Back