Show off your "Classic" Drum Sets! (Pre 2000)

Somewhere I have a Jacques Capelle bass pedal. Surprisingly good.

I bought one with my Rogers kit back in the eighties, they were a rarity here in the states..................it was definitely "different" and required more maintenance than other pedals I've owned...............I always thought the plastic footboard would break, but it held up................overall it was a pretty decent pedal................wish I know what happened to it

Cool kit Slammin' I had one just like that but with a 16" floor tom in Walnut for a bout 20 years. It would sound really good with today's head choices. The thing I like about those kick drums is I didn't use the Tom mount so the bracket on top is the best bass drum handle ever. Never really enjoyed lifting a bass drum by the hoops. I used a snare stand for the rack Tom and a brass colored Dynasonic with it.don't see many of them , loved that kit I just wore it out.

Cool kit Slammin' I had one just like that but with a 16" floor tom in Walnut for a bout 20 years. It would sound really good with today's head choices. The thing I like about those kick drums is I didn't use the Tom mount so the bracket on top is the best bass drum handle ever. Never really enjoyed lifting a bass drum by the hoops. I used a snare stand for the rack Tom and a brass colored Dynasonic with it.don't see many of them , loved that kit I just wore it out.

Thanks. Yeah that was a pretty cool set. There was also a 10x14" rack tom I left in the closet that was in good shape too. Didja notice the blue lable Paiste Formula 602 Med Crash?? I sure miss that pie. The drums were OK, they didnt have any of the tone control hardware when I got them. Unfortunately for me, at the time I had them 17yrs ago I was really getting into Bill Stewart and Jazz drumming in general so, that big FT wasn't cutting it with the higher tuning I was trying to get from it.

My '71 Ludwig standards. Love these drums.

Attachments

• decalsfrontsm.jpg
    decalsfrontsm.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 665
  • 20140103_203555s.jpg
    20140103_203555s.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 663
  • 20140103_204051s.jpg
    20140103_204051s.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 662
Here is a pic of my 1998 T140-Z Power Rocker Cobra Custom drumset. You can also see the "Rocker" high hats in this pic. The snare, which you can't see, is a 3 x13 metal piccolo snare. The snare sounds pretty good, but it needs to be re-tuned. And I also need another crash for the right side of the kit. The magic happens behind this kit.

Attachments

• 2024.jpg
    2024.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 596
Tama Artstar II, bought in 1989, it's still my main kit.

Attachments

• Real Drums 1.6.jpg
    Real Drums 1.6.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 594
1967 Rogers Holiday in champagne sparkle, snare pictured is a '68 Ludwig Acrolite but I have since gotten my hands on a '65 Rogers Powertone COB snare. Had a chance to get the matching champagne sparkle Powertone when I got this kit but didn't have the extra $$ (it was being sold separately) so still kicking meself about that one.....

Attachments

• photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 477
I finally found a Pic. of my 80's Yamahas, it's not a good one but it's a picture. This was at a boy scout lock-in, with one of the scouts on the kit. 88 model power tour customs. the snare is an old Gretsch though. I still have these drums.
d519746d-3739-43db-ac31-73888b433d0c_zpsa10cb49f.jpg

These are some of my older ones, I've got a lot more but finding pictures of them is difficult for some reason.

80's Tama, 70's Ludwigs, 1979 Slingerland.

Attachments

• granstars 004.jpg
    granstars 004.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 467
  • new 007.jpg
    new 007.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_0011_resize_web.jpg
    IMG_0011_resize_web.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_9883_2_resize.jpg
    IMG_9883_2_resize.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 469
T.Underhill, I really wanted some Grandstars when they came out, gun metal grey. It was a toss up between the Tour Customs I got, and the Grandstars. When I was checking out the drums getting ready to buy, a Grandstar was there that had been returned with a cracked shell. That's pretty much why I chose the Yammies. They are great drums though. All your kits are cool.

A couple of late sixties Rogers kits..

Last edited by a moderator:
This one belongs to my son. He painted cartoon characters on the resos. I think Pinky and the Brain are on the Fl. tom
vistalites2_zps4c303cea.jpg

vistalites_zps74e21fce.jpg

Late '70s Tama Imperialstars. Started off as a five piece, and well, you know how it goes.
This pic is the realization of a long dreamed of project to put together every size they made in this line, and give it a modern twist with the rack. I love how it turned out.

Attachments

• imperialstar_002 retouch (800x537).jpg
    imperialstar_002 retouch (800x537).jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 257
  • imperialstar_008 (800x533).jpg
    imperialstar_008 (800x533).jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 255
Late '70s Tama Imperialstars. Started off as a five piece, and well, you know how it goes.
This pic is the realization of a long dreamed of project to put together every size they made in this line, and give it a modern twist with the rack. I love how it turned out.

Dude that kit is awesome! Nice work on the rack too.

Back