View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 12:26 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Caddy's Ludwig kit w/Zildjian cymbals

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddywumpus View Post
bobda: Yeah, you can do virtually ANYTHING it seems! I still don't get why guys will haul around these huge, bulky double-braced and "as thick as an elephant's leg" cymbal stands.
I bought lightweight cymbal stands for both of my gig kits. They cost about $30 each. They are sturdy and strong. I also bought used lightweight hat and snare stands from beginner kits like the Tama StageStar. I paid almost nothing for them. Drummers upgrade and they sell them cheap. They work fine! My hardware bag weighs half as much as it used to! The pearl clamp type cymbal arms are light and strong also. I have several of them.
Gone are the days of lugging around heavy stands for me!
I discovered this when I bought my Pearl Rhythm Traveler kit and My Tama StageStar kit for practice and small gigs. You don't need big drums and stands for most gigs, so why bring them. The other good thing is that if anything happens to this equipment, It can be easily and cheaply replaced. I no longer worry about my gear at gigs. I only have to guard my cymbals and my snares. I sometimes bring cheap snare drums also. I put a coated PS3 on a cheap 13 x 5 snare and it sounds fine in a small club. I only get between 50 and 100 dollars for these gigs anyway, So why bring out the best! As long as the drums look good, No one knows the difference anyhow.

Last edited by bobdadruma; 01-20-2010 at 12:47 AM.