View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Caddy's Ludwig kit w/Zildjian cymbals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton_C View Post
Beautiful kit, great setup, and sweet pies... but the best part of the whole thing is the way your hardware fits into that suitcase!!! 0.0 WHAT'S THE SECRET? I just spend a good 15 minutes packing up my hardware (all the usual suspects + a splash extension and an another whole stand) and cramming it on a cart with my set for a gig today!
The secret is the Yamaha 600 Cymbal stands and playing Tetris a bunch while growing up.

One of my personal prerequisites for packing my gear up is to not take stands apart, but rather to collapse them all. The Yamaha stands were the smallest-collapsing, yet sturdiest stands I could find, so I went with those. I'm not a Yamaha drum fan in the least, but I do like these stands.

I start by putting in the cymbal stands diagonally, kick pedal on one side, snare stand on the other, and then the rest of the clamps and whatnot just fit around those main items. It's magic, really. And, it only takes me about 15 minutes total to set up the whole kit and stash the cases. During the set, I might fidget with a stand or clamp just a little, but the set up is pretty comfortable for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A Drummer View Post
Really solid setup. Cant go wrong with something like that. Looks really nice.
Thank you. I think so too. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
How do you like the round felt beater on the Elim? What the difference ?
Oh, is that an Elim? I don't think I ever paid attention...

I like this particular beater on the drum--warm and full. It really brings out the woodiness and resonance of the drum shell. I couldn't care less about what pedal it's attached to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
P.S- The Luddy heads seem more sure of themselves than the Dubs. How many kits do you have?
I currently have 3. DW for the studio and prestigious gigs. Ludwig for every other gig and for specialty studio gigs. Premier kit to teach on.

I don't really have my eyes on any new kit in particular, but if I find a good deal on a nicer kit (read: killer deal of the century), then I'll be looking to sell the Premiers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendozart View Post
Caddy,
That's a sweet player's kit! I officially want to have first dibs on that kit, should you happen to want to ever get rid of it. Those 70's 3-plys are the sh!t.
Thank goodness! I thought you were going to say, "should something happen to you...".

The late 60s/early 70s 3-ply with clear maple interiors ARE the shiz-nit, dawg! I think that this kit is going to stay with me for a while. That's a very flattering compliment, though. My Luddies and I thank you!

My kit: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44195