View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: My upadated d'n'b set up! (Sabian Prototypes, Zildjian, Meinl, Pearl, Sonor...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsh View Post
More pics please ! ! lol really great new stuff added. also its interesting that strange cymbal in Jojo set, the chopper, i think Sabian got some inspiration for Meinl Generation x creating cymbals with white noises.
We want to hear some of the Urban Beat Factory works.

here is a video introducing some new Sabian stuff including the choppers
http://www.harmony-central.com/theat...c07_video.html
thanks for the link!

that's something I NEED!!! :)

btw, they are in stock at Sabian and ther prices are:
8" $119
10" $137
12" $149
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkdrummer1 View Post
I think jojo would be very proud of this kit! I love it man, espeacialy the cymbal choices.
Well, if he's in my country without a drum-set, I can provide him with a kick @ss set-up hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by matei_the_drummer View Post
wow dude its just beautifull!!! i would love 2 play that!nice cymbal selection, and what a lovely finish, real classy! I also have the Meinl classics 10'' splash, what do you think of it?I was thinking about turning my 5 peice 3005 into a 4 peice, i think youve just inspired me too! :)matt:)
thanks, mate!!
about the 10'' Meinl, I bought the effect pack (18'' china, 12'' china, 10'' splash) for 98 euros, I sold the 18'' china, because it was really clangy and heavy, but that splash and 12'' china are very cool! Maybe a bit too sharp sounding (especially the splash), but that's a good thing, it blends really good with my other cymbals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pasquini View Post
WOW man! I love it, so many options all the way around. I'd love to roll with that some day. That Sonor jungle looks nice, not many 3 snare setups around, you know? You're saying you don't like your black panther or it's just not your favorite? I hear nothing but good things about those!

Killer setup! Good work!
I'm planning to add a Remo Tunable Sound Shape 10'' so it will be a 4 snare set-up...! :)
About the Black Panther, I have a hard time tuning it every time I do it, the sound is a bit too choked (Coated Ambassador on top!), I think I need to replace the snares and the bottom head, but all in all, I want a specific tuning for a secondary snare with my d'n'b set-up, I tune it as low as it can go without sounding messy, for that reason I have my Sonor Special Edition 14''x5,5'' steel with an Emperor on top, it sounds perfect for what I need!!

I use my 14'' Black Panther as ''workhorse'' so to say, if I need to play rock or jazz or other type of music that is not electronic, I just don't want to tune it every time (I have 5 snares, each for a different purpose), so I use my Sonor steel as a secondary snare most of the time!

my new d'n'b set-up!