View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: UPDATED YAMAHA POWER V

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_f00 View Post
Are those the rubber beaters? I have the felt ones and they're not giving me as much "punch" as I like. I figure that the rubber ones have to be the best of Tama's beaters, because the felt are too 'standard' and I've heard many complaints about the wood beaters falling apart.
Yeah they're the rubber ones, they are very punchy and seem durable (I've had them about a year with no problems.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumminjohn View Post
Awesome kit, I bet that ride is amazing, what kind of music do you play?
I play what ever I'm currently listening to, which right now is mostly post-hardcore and metalcore type stuff. (The Bled, KsE, Alexisonfire, Protest the Hero, Every Time I Die, ect.) I was in a post-hardcore band but we broke up because our bass player moved. That was disapointing because at my school there's barely any kids who like that kind of music. All the "metal" kids where I live listen to Slipknot and Korn.

I also play alternative rock like Modest Mouse, Wilco, 311, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine and System of a Down.

The ride is one of the seven wonders of the world as far as I'm concerned, it has great stick definition and a powerful dark tone when crashed.

My Yamaha Kit: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showt...050#post287050