Favorite Cymbal Owned and Favorite Dream Cymbal

Emmaticus00

What's your favorite cymbal(s)?
Owned:
Sabian AA Medium Thin Crash 16"
Dream:
Zildjian New Beat Hi hats 14"
Zildjian Avedis Medium Thin crash 18 and 17
Zildjian Redesigned A Series 24" ride (what a monster!)

Last edited:
My favorite cymbals I've owned are my custom 20" HHX Omni (it does everything!) and my 17" Saluda Tesla crash (absolutely beautiful ride and a great crash too).

I'd really like to get my hands on some Byzance Jazz Thin 13" hats or 18" Byzance Vintage Sand Thin crash, though I hesitate to call them my favorite since I haven't played either in person...

Had an 18" Sabian AA crash/ride I was particularly fond of, as well as a 19" AAXtreme china that made me grin each time I hit it.

Don't really have any dream cymbals, so to speak. Anything that sounds great and I can't afford it would probably qualify.

I have a feeling that tomorrow I will have new favorites when I pick up my garage sale find.

Can't really say as of now. Honestly as a broad opinion I'd say a nice simple setup of two crashes, a ride, hats and a few effect cymbals from the top series from one of the cymbal companys of my choice. I'm a big fan of Benny Greb and I too, like Porter, wouldn't mind some of the amazing cymbals from Meinl but possibly not limited to the Byzance series. Although I haven't heard much of Meinl except for Benny's Sand Ride, Filter China and stacks etc so I don't know what would fit in with how or what I play.

I guess to give an answer as of now my eyes are on the 17" Holy China. :)

Can't really say as of now. Honestly as a broad opinion I'd say a nice simple setup of two crashes, a ride, hats and a few effect cymbals from the top series from one of the cymbal companys of my choice. I'm a big fan of Benny Greb and I too, like Porter, wouldn't mind some of the amazing cymbals from Meinl but possibly not limited to the Byzance series. Although I haven't heard much of Meinl except for Benny's Sand Ride, Filter China and stacks etc so I don't know what would fit in with how or what I play.

I guess to give an answer as of now my eyes are on the 17" Holy China. :)

Some Mb20s, maybe a Soundcaster or M-Series could be nice as well :)

Ooh, forgot to mention the 20" Byzance Dark Raw Bell ride :D that one is really quite something.

I have absolutely no experience with any Meinl-related except this one cajon I use a week every year. I prefer Zildjan

Last edited:
My Original 20" K Custom, my 80's vintage 13" K/Z Hats, and my one-of-a-kind Ozone made from an 18" Z Custom medium crash.

But I suppose I'd love a set of 14" HHX Evolution hats, a Paiste Stewart Copeland Blue Bell ride, and a Sabian 19" Paragon China too.

Owned:
Paiste Signature 17" full and 18" power Crashes
Paiste Twenty Series 21" Light Ride
Paiste 2002 20" ride

Wanted:
14" Paiste Signature hats
14" Paiste Prototype hats
18" Paiste 602 China

Some Mb20s, maybe a Soundcaster or M-Series could be nice as well :)

Ooh, forgot to mention the 20" Byzance Dark Raw Bell ride :D that one is really quite something.

LOL! :)

Owned: A 20" green Formula 602 Paiste ride from the 80"s (it was the 80's at the time).

Dream: A new 20" green Formula 602 Paiste ride from any era.

I think my favourite cymbal is my Sabian 18" Artisan Crash. It's just, well... Perfect.
The only other cymbal I own that comes close is my Meinl Byzance 18" Medium-Thin Crash.

As for "dream cymbals", I'd really just like to load up my kit with more Meinl Byzance. Sabian's good, yeah, but they lack... that extra depth that Meinl has perfected.

20" Zildjian K Custom ride. Purchased new around 1988 - 1989 I think. Played 100s of gigs and is just the perfect ride. Coincidentally I also have a new one purchased in 2012. No comparison in sound - the old one is just so much better.

jorn

Hi,

I love the UFIP Class Series (B20, Rotocasting) , absolutely amazing !

Love my Zultan CS Serie in B25 are crazy too :

DOqsG4E.jpg

I really enjoy my Meinl Sand hats and ride! The hats sound so swampy and low its unreal! And if you flip them upside down, you get a great articulate sound with and nice sloshy open hat sound too. I also love my A Custom Medium ride (I've owned that for nearly 10 years!), K hats and Oriental Crash of Doom. (There many others I'd like to add to this list but I'll leave it at just these 5 for now haha)

Dream cymbals? If i could get a version of the sand ride that had the bell of my a custom medium ride and a tiny but more definition (tends to wash out a bit at higher volume settings) that would be awesome! I'd also love a really dry ride for jazz. something dark and very thin but yet still very articulate. And then have a slightly larger version of that with rivets installed. (Maybe a 21" and 22")

-Jonathan

Favorite cymbal owned:
21" TRX ICON China
954683_459934504097959_1682454239_n.jpg

Dream Cymbals:
It's Hard to choose so here's a few,
19" TRX ICON Medium Crash
13" TRX DRK Hats
15" TRX BRT Hats

Favorites:
Paiste 2oo2 22" Rock Bell Ride
Zildjian K Con 22" Med Light Ride