What songs do you really like the drumming on?

Skate

The drumming on some songs has made me 'bop' my head or think wow!, so share some of the songs that you stop and think jam to!

One of mine is Stand Up by the Prodigy, it's simple but funky.

They're not necessarily - or not at all - the same songs that I just like to listen to. (If listening without tapping on something exists :))
Lately I have re-discovered Level 42, I think they're great to drum along. "Tracie", "Take care of yourself", "Hot water"... Just some old '80s junk I dug up, totally recycleable and they still sound fresh!

Roxanne by the Police always gets me when I play it. Lessons in Love by Level 42 is another I love to play, closely followed by Love is the Seventh Wave, by Sting, magic.

Roxanne by the Police always gets me when I play it. Lessons in Love by Level 42 is another I love to play, closely followed by Love is the Seventh Wave, by Sting, magic.

Lessons In Love is quite tasty.

King Crimson stuff, like Starless and Epitaph. I get so it into the groove that I end up playing harder and more emotional than when I play super heavy music. Cult of Luna and Isis are the only other bands that hit me in that same spot when I play along to them.

King Crimson stuff, like Starless and Epitaph. I get so it into the groove that I end up playing harder and more emotional than when I play super heavy music. Cult of Luna and Isis are the only other bands that hit me in that same spot when I play along to them.

Have you had the chance to see King Crimson on their current tour? Incredible with Mastelotto, Rieflin, and Harrison!

Panic Attack by Dream Theater always what I start out with. Other than that, Ragnarok by Periphery and 43% Burnt by TDEP. Redneck by Lamb Of God is a fun time to.

Practically any Deep Purple song from the Mk II and III era (Mk I was great too but Ian Paice was still quite young and learning to find his style, so it wasn't quite fully developed).

You lucky, lucky sod. I've subscribed to their new YouTube channel but there is precious little musical content - deliberate I'm sure. Glad to hear it was good!

Starless was epic. Jakko did a really nice job with the vocals in the opening section, the build-up in the center section you love was hair-raising, and the blow in the final section was powerful. The performance was all we could ask for and more!

SPOILER ALERT – Granted there is only one more show on this tour tonight in Seattle but the big surprise to me was them playing One More Red Nightmare. Watching P@, Bill, and Gavin trading fills in the breaks was incredibly big fun for them and us. My understanding is they have never played this in concert before this tour. I certainly never thought I would see this performed. Back on topic, I love to play along with the studio version of his cut!

I certainly hope this seven continues to tour and maybe make some new music. Fripp and company seemed to be enjoying themselves. I have not seen or heard authoritatively if any of these US dates have been committed to video but we can be sure that audio will become available at some point.

Starless was epic. Jakko did a really nice job with the vocals in the opening section, the build-up in the center section you love was hair-raising, and the blow in the final section was powerful. The performance was all we could ask for and more!

SPOILER ALERT – Granted there is only one more show on this tour tonight in Seattle but the big surprise to me was them playing One More Red Nightmare. Watching P@, Bill, and Gavin trading fills in the breaks was incredibly big fun for them and us. My understanding is they have never played this in concert before this tour. I certainly never thought I would see this performed. Back on topic, I love to play along with the studio version of his cut!

I certainly hope this seven continues to tour and maybe make some new music. Fripp and company seemed to be enjoying themselves. I have not seen or heard authoritatively if any of these US dates have been committed to video but we can be sure that audio will become available at some point.

Good stuff! I'll make sure I check DGM, it'll be on there if it's anywhere.

Jakko singing? Well, I've never heard it but I'm not a fan of Wetton's singing at all so it sounds like an improvement. Trading fills on 'One More Red Nightmare' sounds bloody fantastic. If they tour the UK I'm going to do my best to get there...

Good stuff! I'll make sure I check DGM, it'll be on there if it's anywhere.

Jakko singing? Well, I've never heard it but I'm not a fan of Wetton's singing at all so it sounds like an improvement. Trading fills on 'One More Red Nightmare' sounds bloody fantastic. If they tour the UK I'm going to do my best to get there...

I'll tell you, Jakko at least was not singing flat!

I'll be seeing P@ and Tony later this month at the Stick Men concert. I'll have the opportunity to talk to them so maybe I'll get a feel for future touring plans and availability of sights and sounds from the tour concluding now.

Back