who does your favorite drum solo?

Ah! They found us out!!!

Still - Jim Black - Saturation Point - "The Opener"

I CHALLENGE EVERYONE HERE TO LISTEN TO THAT AND PLEASE COMMENT - CAN I PLEASE TYPE IN ALL UPPER-CASE SO YOU MIGHT PAY ATTENTION AND/OR KNOW I'M SERIOUS?!

Seriously - Jim Black - on DRUMS - playing the song "The Opener" LIVE on the album "SATURATION POINT" - by BLOODCOUNT.

It will change your life. I swear to you - when that guy lets go and takes you on his rhythmic rampage - you will understand - and you will find a new place that music can get to - and you will find yourself smiling and saying "oh my goodness!"

Saturation Point.

Don't disappoint!

My favorite drum solo of all time still has to be Joey Jordison's Disasterpeice solo. I know I sound like a NOOB and he is NOT an amazing drummer but I just love the sound of his kit on 9.0 Live. I'm almost everybody has heard it but I still love it. If not that, then second would definatley go to a solo from Mike Portnoy.

I think that my favorite has to be Mike Portnoy's As I Am (studio version though, I don't like his live solos that much).

But also, there's a Mike Mangini solo that blew my mind, I just remember it's on a Steve Vai concert... it's freakin' amazing!

Danny Carey's solos in general are very creative and intense too.

Another one that I always enjoy listening to is Dave Weckl's/Steve Gadd's solo on the Masterplan song (and album).

Finally, Horacio "El Negro" Hernandez performs a powerful, yet tasteful, solo on Calle 54's song From Within by Michel Camilo.

Last edited:
i love the drum break in funky drummer by James Brown and also grebfruit by Benny Greb

and of course Moby Dicks gotta be there somewhere!

Last edited:
Back