Music Fair Frankfurt 2009 - photos!

Nice photos. Had to be a great trip for you Karl. Glad you got to go. I was also glad to see TAYE represent.

Hi!
Thanks a lot for your replies and your additional photos wicky!!
Good that you took photos of many many kits, I just took some of the kits/cymbals I found most "beautifully" looking or sounding.

That third Pearl kit in your original post looks hard to get into, let alone play. I wouldn't really know where to start. You'd have to do an army crawl under a floor tom just to get to your throne.

Yes, I thought exactly the same. I would feel so lost when trying to play this monster! =)
Well, I`m used to my small Bop 4-piece set with three cymbals...

Hey Karl - it was really great meeting you and I'm glad you stopped by! Nice pics!

Ronn!!
Glad you got home well. Did you enjoy the trip to Germany and did you try some of the food? :)
Maybe you noticed that I was...well...kind of speechless the moment we shook hands. I was simply impressed with meeting you finally!
And when Michael Paiste and Johnny Craviotto stopped by I didn`t even dare to say anything. Haha...this reached its climax when Michael put his very personal cymbal creations on the stands of your kit Ronn.
It felt awesome to try this kit with the cymbals...do you know whether this engraved 22" ride is dedicated to someone?

Nice photos. Had to be a great trip for you Karl. Glad you got to go. I was also glad to see TAYE represent.

Thanks! Yes, I was surprised how big their booth has been compared to DW`s booth this year! ;-) I liked that they presented themselves so well, this will certainly have an effect.

Karl

I got an email from Paul at Tempus saying he was there, I assume as a vendor but he didn't specifically say... Anyone get any pics of their drums?

That third Pearl kit in your original post looks hard to get into, let alone play. I wouldn't really know where to start. You'd have to do an army crawl under a floor tom just to get to your throne.

Yeah I saw one of the Pearl guys 'entering' the huge drumkit. He first removed a floortom on the right side of the kit (if anyone knows which side that is ;) and then he crawled to the center haha. He ended up not knowing what to play anyway.

Also the kit was left ánd right sided, so one snare but hi-hats and toms on both sides. This kit is just for display :D But hey, we don't care!

Back