MultiTrack recording with Roland TD-17 / TD-25 via USB using Module Sounds

Heart_Beat

Hey fellow drummers!

Im a complete newbie when it comes to edrums. I just wanted to know if there is any way to record multi track recordings via usb with the Roland TD 17 or TD 25 module. By multitrack i mean a recording where all the pads/drums get recorded on different tracks in your DAW, so that you can edit them later, individually.
I know this is possible if you connect via midi and use a program like AddictiveDrums or SuperiorDrummer, but i wanted to know if there is any way i can achieve this using the sounds on the module itself and not having to route everything through a plugin/virtual drum software.

If this is not possible on the above modules then please let me know a similarly priced module that will allow me to do this. I cant afford the TD50

Any help is appreciated.
Rock on!

Record the MIDI and separate the notes to tracks. No VST needed.

MIDI --> PC --> record the MIDI
split the notes to tracks in your chosen software
MIDI (track at a time) --> Drum Module ** ---> audio --> PC --> record the audio.

Doesn't have to be a Roland, obs!!!!

Record the MIDI and separate the notes to tracks. No VST needed.

MIDI --> PC --> record the MIDI
split the notes to tracks in your chosen software
MIDI (track at a time) --> Drum Module ** ---> audio --> PC --> record the audio.

Doesn't have to be a Roland, obs!!!!

Thanks for your reply
I still dont understand it completely. Do i run midi back into the module? I use cubase 5. How do i get the module to send me multitrack audio signals?
Sorry but im a complete newbie

Back