Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

I can post several but this is the entry level Premier Revolution kit I bought with the Evans dB one silent heads and cymbals which I can leave at the guitar player's house for weekly low volume practice:

IMG_4969.jpg

Cheap or not, I do like the finish of it:

IMG_4951.jpg

Here is my home studio Gretsch Renown:

IMG_5044.jpg

Although I live in a detached house and can play an acoustic kit without having the police knocking at the door in a minute, lately I usually play with RTOM Black Hole silent heads on the toms and snare, an Aquarian Super Pad on the bass and Evans silent cymbals.
It is just a matter of seconds to pull off the RTOM and Aquarian heads and about a minute to switch the cymbals for regular ones to play acoustic again.

BTW: a downside of the RTOM heads is that the cross stick sound is lost so I DIY-ed a piece of wood on a cowbell stand.

Here is my home studio Gretsch Renown:

View attachment 144618

Although I live in a detached house and can play an acoustic kit without having the police knocking at the door in a minute, lately I usually play with RTOM Black Hole silent heads on the toms and snare, an Aquarian Super Pad on the bass and Evans silent cymbals.
It is just a matter of seconds to pull off the RTOM and Aquarian heads and about a minute to switch the cymbals for regular ones to play acoustic again.

BTW: a downside of the RTOM heads is that the cross stick sound is lost so I DIY-ed a piece of wood on a cowbell stand.
Does the wood piece actually work or does it work solely for low volume situation like this? Good idea!

dfo member "RyanLovesDrums" posted there these pics of Bill Stewart's Show set up last evening..

stewart3.jpeg

stewart.jpegstewart2.jpeg

States drums were a house kit (what are they anyone recognize?)
and cymbalologist Paul Wells 73 fills in details of the cymbals:

Main ride was a "Dry Complex II prototype, but the rest (besides the splash) are Old Ks."
what I found interesting there and thought worth posting here was that

people are still using Old Turkish K Zildjian's (Yay!)
in 2024
guarantee he chose those after looking
(last one was built in 1978)
at many many till he found the right ones for him.
top hi hat looks familiar to late 1976 New Stamp 14 I have
and the left side 20" doesn't bother him it has a keyhole (solid)

stewart.jpegstewart2.jpegstewart3.jpeg

Last edited:
About an hour away from downbeat on a rainy night in Hanford, CA (hometown of Steve Perry). This’ll be my maiden voyage with the DW bamboo snare. All pre-flight tests indicate it’ll fit right in. Sounds just like a snare drum. :rolleyes:🤪

IMG_3751.jpeg

From the gig yesterday, at a little wine place in Bakersfield, with possibly the worst acoustics of any venue I’ve ever played. The new flat ride was especially useful in this setting.

Besides the pic, I have a super short little video for an idea of the sound and also the volume level I’m often required to play. Oh yeah, that weird looking pink orb in the pic is a light in the tip suitcase. 🤪

IMG_3811.jpeg

Here’s the vid:

My Starclassic W/B kit in Molten Brown burst , with cowbell clamped to a kick drum mic stand so I don’t have to clamp it to the wood hoop. I also had to replace the EMAD kick head and decided to save $20 and get a Remo Black Dot. I crumbled some newsprint and threw it in the front port and sounds pretty good.

• Mounted Toms (Depth x Diameter):
    7” x 8 , 8" x 10", 9" x 12"
  • Floor Toms (Depth x Diameter):
    12" x 14", 14" x 16"
  • Bass Drums (Depth x Diameter):
    16" x 22"
  • Shell Material:
    European Birch, American Black Walnut
  • Main Snare:
  • 5mm, 6-ply Tama SLP Kapur shell, 6.5" x 14"
  • Side Snare/Timbale : Tama Imperial Star Powerline Steel Snare 1986
  • 6.5” x 14”

IMG_2321.jpeg
IMG_2320.jpeg
IMG_2319.jpeg

Last edited:
My Starclassic W/B kit in Molten Brown burst , with cowbell clamped to a kick drum mic stand so I don’t have to clamp it to the wood hoop. I also had to replace the EMAD kick head and decided to save $20 and get a Remo Black Dot. I crumbled some newsprint and threw it in the front port and sounds pretty good.

• Mounted Toms (Depth x Diameter):
    7” x 8 , 8" x 10", 9" x 12"
  • Floor Toms (Depth x Diameter):
    12" x 14", 14" x 16"
  • Bass Drums (Depth x Diameter):
    16" x 22"
  • Shell Material:
    European Birch, American Black Walnut
  • Main Snare:
  • 5mm, 6-ply Tama SLP Kapur shell, 6.5" x 14"
  • Side Snare/Timbale : Tama Imperial Star Powerline Steel Snare 1986
  • 6.5” x 14”

View attachment 145496
View attachment 145497
View attachment 145498
Did you get the regular black dot or the power stroke version with the inner edge ring? Both great heads. I'm an unapologetic Evans fanboy BUT I absolutely love the entire Remo black dot line.

View attachment 145508
am i the only one that plays eyes closed? not so much for fills but for things like repetitive grooves. i find i concentrate better
I find my self playing with my eyes closed with songs like "Riders on the Storm", "Wicked Game", and "Fever" taking it all in as I'm in my zone!

Last edited:
Back