Finger Tape

I've used Tennis tape in the past as well. Mainly when I'm on tour and run out of stick wrap, and need something in a pinch. Helps if you can't get to a music store, or are in another country where it's even hard to track things down.

As for the Nexcare stuff, I'm 100% sold. Just used it for the last 17 shows, and it's my new thing. I even got the guys in Mushroomhead using it now, who were on tour with. hahahaha!
Thanks. I will def look at getting it for my gig bag. I will say it's nice because you can use as needed. Where as a stick wrap or Tennis wrap is an all the time thing. I don't always need a stick wrapped.

I used the Nexcare for the first time on Sunday. It worked well. Thanks, Bermuda!

You're welcome, and I wish we could still get the former Amazon pricing of $18 for 6 rolls. I used to buy a few 6-packs at a time, each roll good for about 10 shows. I guess the current pricing isn't really outrageous, we're talking maybe 20¢ extra per show compared to before. Still well worth preserving our hands!

Nexcare as a stick wrap-- I've used it as a wrap on a pair of thinner, Regal Tips 9As and am pleasantly surprised. It wraps very tightly, no irregular bumps due to stretchiness, with just enough grip to improve the handling of the sticks.
Good stuff!

Thanks, you guys, for this thread, and for the pics, Bermuda!

My story is that I have developed some skin issues on my hands and am now getting a crack that bleeds on the inside of the middle finger of my ride hand. I was just about to buy the $50 Promark gloves because, believe it or not, they are apparently the only gloves that have the material that's intended to contact the stick continue up onto the SIDES of the fingers which we all know is where sticks often contact. Surprisingly, this design is lacking on every other manufacturer's gloves which makes the Promarks the only gloves that are truly designed for drummers. All the others have slippery elastic material on the sides of all the fingers, which defeats one of the main reasons drummers get gloves to begin with!

Although I have years of experience playing in gloves, and am pretty adept at it, I prefer not to wear them especially since I now often need to turn equipment knobs and swipe the screen on my tablet when playing, so this thread and your pics about Nexcare tape is pretty darned timely for me. I can't wait to try it!

I've been a Nexcare devotee for some time!

For those who don't know, there's a difference between holding a taped stick, and holding a stick with taped fingers. No blisters or callouses at all with the Nexcare waterproof tape. And if you simply start with clean hands when applying it, it stays on. It grips great and is super flexible, like I don't have anything on my fingers. There have been many times that I realize about an hour after a show that I forgot to remove it!

I get 10-11 shows from a single roll. Last time I bought them, Amazon had a 6-pack for $21. They're now $33 and change ($5.59 ea) :( and a little more at Target (sold separately for 5.99.) But it's still my least-expensive consumable, and my hands are worth it! :)

Here's a before & aftershow pic - I later started to wrap another piece around my ring finger to prevent the slight curling seen below (on the right.) And curiously, my right hand is taped a little differently, even though I play matched grip. :unsure:

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for turning me on to this tape. I've been having some issues and saw this post not long before a weeklong mini tour and using this tape has completely changed my life! It's shocking how well it protects and how well it stays on. Thank you! :D

Back