Fastest Double Bass Player?

Tim "Silver Feet" Waterson has the fastest feet
1,030 - Singles in 60 sec
1,407 - Doubles in 60 sec
650 - Single pedal one foot in 60 sec

i think if your talking WFD then tim holds these records both singles and doubles, however from a musical point of view i think what derek roddy said on his forum is true that playing these beats in isolation for a certain amount of time (60 seconds) bares no resemblence to doing it in a musical situation,, and from a musical point of view the only people he has seen doing 255+bpm are george kollias and tony laureno. For sheer speed Annhilation of the Wicked by Nile has to be heard to be believed.

Mayhem's first minute of their song DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL from CHIMERA ALBUM (by HELLHAMMER) and Morbid Angel's GATES TO ANNIHILATION Album (by PETE SANDOVAL) can give you a nice/accurate example of ULTRA fast double bass work. Believe me... as fast as Waterson or FASTER (just not officialy...). I wouldn't recommend these specific tracks if I didn't know this music... some Black and MANY Death metal bands are, obviously, quite known for their fast double-bass players. Hellhammer and Pete Sandoval stay from equal to above ALL of them (all the main guys I've ever heard inside the xtreme metal domain). For the believers: enjoy ;)

alienworkshop227 said:
Jordan Mancino, As I Lay dying, 94 hours, off of Frail Words Collapse.. pretty fast

I'd like to ask what part of the song you think was fast?

I believe Tim Yeung now holds the record for the most single bassdrum strokes in one minute at 872!

I think the fastest musically would have to be some of these dudes...

George Kollias, Derek Roddy, Gene Hoglan, Tony Laureano, Flo Mournier, Hellhammer, Pete Hammoura, Tim Yeung, Dave Haley, Dave Culross, Mark Simpson, Alex Marquez, James King, John J. Longstreth, Martin Maurais, Pete Sandoval, Frost, Horgh, Richard Christy, Sean Reinert.

xXMETALCOREDRUMMERXx said:
Yes, tim waterson won the fastest feet record but, if you watch the video he is leaning over the bass drum. i dont think he can play that fast with the hands

Yes but Tim Waterson was getting tired maybe he's getting OLD too LOL
No my feeet are faster but my hands are getting there.
I Have still run over 1000 with my hands in singles not bad for an OLD tired guy LOL
God Bless
Tim
www.timwaterson.com

Alright. END OF THREAD!

The thread really only needed to be 1 post long, because there is a correct answer and only 1 correct answer. Speed is something that can be measured. Nobody has ever been recorded playing faster than Tim.

Alucard said:
Yeah! Hellhammer (real name Jan Axel Von Bloomberg) is the fastest metal drummer alive today, no one is like him, trust me... I am a professional drummer, and i know what i say, Hellhammer is unique, because first, he's a jazz-drummer... Who agrees with me?

I definately agree. Von Bloomberg studied jazz to get his double bassing and hand speed up to par, and from there, he practiced really hard until he reached over 200 bpm. Next to Tim Waterson and George Kollias, I think he has the fastest feet.

- Marc

toteman2 said:
Alright. END OF THREAD!

The thread really only needed to be 1 post long, because there is a correct answer and only 1 correct answer. Speed is something that can be measured. Nobody has ever been recorded playing faster than Tim.

I agree. This is like saying who has the fastest hands in the world. There is only one real test we can go on, and that is the WFD competition. Tim Waterson has the fastest feet, end of story.

Alucard said:
Yeah! Hellhammer(real name Jan Axel Von Bloomberg) are the fastest metal drummer alive today, no one is like him, trust me... I am a professional drummer, and i know what i say, Hellhammer are unique, because first, he's a jazz-drummer... Who agree whit me?

Maybe a little too obvious (specially for real Mayhem fans - me included). His drumming on De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is creepy... he adds a sublevel (a whole LEVEL, actually) to the already added guitar riffs and the result is oddly phenomenal: one of the best metal drumming performances to ever be recorded on tape (ok, in studio...;). The drums almost speak dark words to the listener.. it's almost like if he (HH)'s playing in a cave (or something similar). The guy's great, a true legend in Norway (for both talent-wise and "cryptic" reasons).He plays on a great Pearl white kit (nowadays, at least) and has great speed mastery and technical proficiency (he's too good for a metal drummer, sometimes...). I'd put him next to Sandoval, Kollias, Roddy and Waterson, as far as double bass velocity goes.

Alright. Now George Kollias is the fastest I've heard and yes i herd tim waterson, he's fast, but not as fast as george IMO. Jason Bittner is coming out with some new stuff and its said to be his fast double kick by far so watch out for that. I think that by the end of the summer I could beat that record for one foot and 2 ft with one foot.
As mentioned before listen to that Annihilation of the Wicked by Nile becuasse that is pretty insane.Dennis chambers is the best one footed player I've seen. I haven't seen him try to play fast with his double bass but his one foot is insane. Gene Hoglan is in the running but not there IMO. There are prolly some drummers out there that might possibly faster than george or tim but there is noway of knowing until we hear it.

UltimateDrummer55555 said:
Alright. Now George Kollias is the fastest I've heard and yes i herd tim waterson, he's fast, but not as fast as george IMO. Jason Bittner is coming out with some new stuff and its said to be his fast double kick by far so watch out for that. I think that by the end of the summer I could beat that record for one foot and 2 ft with one foot.
As mentioned before listen to that Annihilation of the Wicked by Nile becuasse that is pretty insane.Dennis chambers is the best one footed player I've seen. I haven't seen him try to play fast with his double bass but his one foot is insane. Gene Hoglan is in the running but not there IMO. There are prolly some drummers out there that might possibly faster than george or tim but there is noway of knowing until we hear it.
Yes,
GEORGE is GREAT also SUPER fast and a VERY cool drummer!
I can play at 260bpm so can George, he also has a drum tech that can play at 260 .
Orifist can play at 260 Derek and Tony can probably reach that as well
The 270 is super hard to hold arrrggghhhh.
I give George extra credit as he plays at those tempos everynight and makes it look almost effortless.
NO don't RULE out Mean GENE HOGLAN he is an amazing drummer also and one of my favorites!
I love Dennis but, JO JO MAYER is the best single footed player I have ever seen........
God Bless
Tim
www.timwaterson.com

George Kollias, Tim Waterson, Joey Jordison, And the Rev. For single foot, I think JoJo Mayer is the fastest I've seen.

Back