Does anyone use this type of earplugs while drumming?

striker

Do you use any of these ear plugs while drumming? If yes what has been your experience using them for a long time?
Has any of these earplugs been recommended by any ear doctors to you for playing drums?
I use custom molded earplugs while drumming. But I also bought one of these for the times that I go to live concerts. They go anywhere from 15 to 20 dollars.

1709691132591.png

1709691164927.png

Last edited:
I wore a pair of those at a Rammstein concert a year ago and was pretty pleased with the results, not pillow mufflly like foam earplugs can be.
I took them out for a couple seconds during the show and was blown away by how shockingly loud it was in the stadium and was very glad I had them even if it meant looking like I was on Star Trek.

I got a cheap pair in this style from my local drum shop, and I got a free pair of similar when I joined Drumeo.
I find both of them mute too much high end for me to make out what's going on when writing. But when you're playing through something you know already, they work well.

I use the Etymotic s that Vic Firth sells when I am at loud shows. They work fine, and are the only ones I can put in my ears that don't make me queasy. I tried the Earacers, and the little thign you pull on to get them out always broke off, and they also made me queasy.

I have weird ear canal/balance issues....

I've used a version for years, ACS ER20s which come in a smaller size which I can wear all night without discomfort. In terms of sound, the first time I used them I noticed how the sound of the top end of the cymbals and snare was night and day when compared to foam earplugs.

I use the ACRs or Vic Firths. Never not worn hearing protection.

I take care of my hearing as best I can. Only downside the quietest of gigs and I mean quiet without earplugs

maybe I'm doing something wrong but drums/ playing live music ain't supposed to be painful, man"

😁

Do you use any of these ear plugs while drumming? If yes what has been your experience using them for a long time?
Has any of these earplugs been recommended by any ear doctors to you for playing drums?
I use custom molded earplugs while drumming. But I also bought one of these for the times that I go to live concerts. They go anywhere from 15 to 20 dollars.

View attachment 144119
index.php

those look like one's I've had for..35?+ years.. never had to use them for "music" but
Accu-Fit earplugs 458685

sort of the 2023 version here

AccuFit 003.JPGAccuFit 004.JPG

I've had those for ages and still the same functioning

Last edited:
"Like working in the Mines.."

I have two pairs of the etymotics - one flanged rubber, one with foam.
I like them both, but the foam are better for louder gigs.
I had some earasers, but they fell apart after a couple of years.

Back