Cube Drums custom set finally arrived...

Beautiful.

Hardware is terrific, lugs are sleek. Black is a great choice, and the drum finish is magnificent.

Your floor tom looks really deep for some reason. You sure it's 14"? Lol.

Hey Karl, beautiful kit , nice finish , cool hardware, love the sizes. The kit sounds great on your video,. Great playing too, don't muffle the bass drum it sounds great as is. Congrats

WOW, thanks for the replies!! I wouldn`t have expected so many!
I`m so happy with this kit, the gig yesterday felt great with this set. It got compliments, many people said they were impressed by the kit in general...especially by the snare drum. So I am, this 14x6.5" is the best decision I could make. It has a fat crack in the middle which gets ringier on the side. Beautiful, I`ve never felt so much volume (it feels bold and tiny and the same time), it has much body. I couldn`t be happier! :)

The bass drum stays unmuffled, sounds very open, even timpani-esque. The toms are incredible but have to be played like the rest of the kit. The sound will improve through playing, everything is very new now.

How long did you have to wait from the time you placed the order?

75sling

I told him to build it...well, about August or September and had to wait till yesterday. I guess that`s quite a long time. :-D Though it was worth the wait!

Very nice, I like the sound.
How does it feel to finally have an instrument that doesn't limit you musically ?

Were you too excited to remove the rim mount ? :p

And how do you like the cradle on the floor tom, I have the same thing and like it, but its heavier than normal brackets.

It feels great Etienne. Especially the bass drum is a huge improvement. I finally have this open boom sound, I love it!
Regarding the tom mount, I wasn`t sure whether I should leave the tom like this but had to put it off yesterday to get it into my 12" case. Same problem with my 14", it would hardly fit in that 14" case with the supension system. Though I love this, neither is it more expencive than drilling nor is it bad looking! =)

...a beautifull classy looking kit

and it's a four.

We are going to have to start a show us your 18,14, 12 set up. I vote for your kit.

very very nice.

barry

Haha, thanks! You would vote for my kit?? Hey, look at Etienne`s!!

Your floor tom looks really deep for some reason. You sure it's 14"? Lol.

Yeah, I think it looks really bold because of that suspension system on the floor tom. I`m sure that it`s a 14x14" but the first time I saw the kit I wasn`t sure whether it really is a 12x8" and not 12x9" tom!

Thanks again for the nice comments everyone!

Karl

Okay, here are some photos I and my dad have taken yesterday before and while having this piano trio gig:

SDC11730.jpg

SDC11729.jpg

SDC11731.jpg

203-0397_IMG.jpg

203-0399_IMG.jpg

203-0391_IMG.jpg

203-0392_IMG.jpg

203-0393_IMG.jpg

204-0401_IMG.jpg

204-0403_IMG.jpg

204-0404_img_redeye.jpg

I`ll try to get the sound files as soon as I can!

Karl

Ha! When I saw the title of the thread I expected to see some strange, new-wave, square-shaped drums. I need more sleep.

Karl, that's a really sweet kit. The builder obviously did a great job. I love the gig pics! Enjoy!

nice lil' jazz kit there Karl, an incredible natural finish - just a little darker and that looks great with the black nickel hardware! must be a good feeling getting a kit just the way you always wanted :) and nice gig pics!
good drumming!

Thanks a lot!
I`ve got hardcases (those which look like hat cases)...so I really have to stretch them to get my 14" tom in there with the craddle. Not so great for the hardware and the drum itself. I think I`ll get a bigger one soon. At least I hope so... :)

Btw Etienne, why more videos of myself playing?

Karl

Thanks a lot!
I`ve got hardcases (those which look like hat cases)...so I really have to stretch them to get my 14" tom in there with the craddle. Not so great for the hardware and the drum itself. I think I`ll get a bigger one soon. At least I hope so... :)

Btw Etienne, why more videos of myself playing?

Karl

Because its fun to listen to !

Ha! When I saw the title of the thread I expected to see some strange, new-wave, square-shaped drums. I need more sleep.

Karl, that's a really sweet kit. The builder obviously did a great job. I love the gig pics! Enjoy!

Don't feel bad I thought the same thing.

Karl those are incredible looking! I love the tube lugs black nickel hardware, drum finish. Excellent choices and great job by the builder !!

Simply lovely looking kit Karl and nice collection of gig photos too.

Quite the Christmas present Karl and Happy New Year!

Thanks Stan!!
Indeed that`s kind of a christmas present....actually it`s a very very nice one!

I love its sound and I`l love it even more when it`s older. When those heads get brown and the drums are used the sound will be a lot better, more authentic.

Karl

Really nice drums, the hardware really sets off the finish.

Hey Karl, great drums man. I have a little dream of my own custom set somewhere in my head too, and maybe Cube will be something. It's closer to Holland then Kumu and Unix, so that's a pro, and now that you've got a great set of Cubes maybe that might be an option too...

I love the hardware on your set and I like the finish. Have a great time discovering all it possibilities and getting used to it.

Back