Recent content by Arkstra

1. A

Getting up in them guts.

S'goin on dudes and dudettes? I got a question about guts. How do they sound, feel, and project? Could they be used in a traditional (I use this term loosely) rock setting? Durability? I've been checking out marching snares and the new Tama line boasts an interesting, mind you a bit ugly...
  2. A

14 x 8 Supraphonic 40BOOM

I can't be the only one who wants Ludwig to release a 14 x 8 Supraphonic snare. Does anyone know of any alternatives? Something I could swap my 402 shell with? Cheers Zack
  3. A

Hunt Sales; Lust For Life Kick Drum Sound.

Yeeeeeo, The Lust For Life kick drum sound, incredible, to my ears. Detrimental, to my patience. I'm not one to chase ghosts, but I've always wanted to get a similar sound out of my kick. Mind you, I use a 28 x 14, where Hunt used a 26 x 14 which may or may not impact the possibility of...
  4. A

Mounting a super sensitive strainer.

14 x 8 super sensitive snare?! Hey der, Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a question about super sensitive strainers. I've been known to bash my drums, and thus, my resonant snare head is constantly being cut open buy the wires, specifically where the wires meet the plate. This has...
Back