Indulge yourself - Sexy Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute + Yamaha Vintage wood hoops!

boomcrashbang

I ordered Yamaha Vintage Wood hoops for my toms and snare through a local music store. After 2 months wait, they arrived..I am sooo happy but a lil bit disappointed. The dealer somehow missed the 8 inch hoops..and as for the 16 inch toms..the hoops that came in was for a floor tom instead of rack!
oh well..i have to wait for another 2 months for the 8 inch tom. The dealer gave me a good deal for the “wrong” 16 inch hoops..which finally made me took it instead of waiting for the replacement! :D

Another toy that also came in recently is a Reference Snare in Granite Sparkle finih..14x6.5 :D you all know the specs I believe..all good things in it..and its seriously loud! ;)

Lastly, I also put a white reso on for the kick.. :cool: Alright..here are the pics..I hope you all like the pure sexiness of my Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Nouveau + Yamaha Vintage Wood hoops :eek: ENJOY!

Specs are on request.. Comments, feedbacks, critiques would be really appreciated :eek:

P.S: the 16 inch hoops are wrongly placed haha..the one in the batter should be put as reso :p my bad..

IMG_0614Large.jpg

IMG_0611Large.jpg

Re: INDULGE YOURSELF :) ~ SEXY Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute + Yamaha Vintage Wood hoo

Nice kit!! How do they sound with the wood vs. metal hoops?

Re: INDULGE YOURSELF :) ~ SEXY Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute + Yamaha Vintage Wood hoo

i need to change my trousers =O my god they are awesome.

Great looking kit! I like the wood hoops too. Also, where I grew up, there was a band called Crash Bang Boom...pretty close to your screen name.

i need to change my trousers =O my god they are awesome.

this^^

that is one of the best looking smallish kits ive ever seen :D

do hoops like that fit on any kit??
or do you buy them especially for that kit?

Wow, nice kit! How does it sound?

They look OK on your snare, but look a little a little oversized and outlandish on the toms, sorry. The important thing is that you like them Yamaha Maple Customs Absolutes are one of my favorite kits.

Take care.
Dennis

Nice looking kit. Big fan of Yamaha drums. I just purchased a small YMCA kit in vintage natural. Had to be sure to get my order in before the standard YES mounts become a special order and the before the big price increase :(

Wooden hoops ! Interesting concept...how do they differ in sound to the normal metal hoops? I assume they would resonate along with the shells ? I dont know about the snare having wooden hoops though...I do a lot of rim shot for accents...not sure wooden hoops would hold up.

Wow that is a gorgeous kit! although i must say that is one veeeeery busy rack! i love it!

specs pls?

-Jonathan

Thats an amazing looking kit i love the wood hoops, you should post some soundfiles, so we can capture the beautiful tones that those yammies can spit out.

Thanks for sharing,

Nice kit!! How do they sound with the wood vs. metal hoops?

hey man,,thanks! :) the wood hoop opens up the warm tone and gives veri nice overtones.. the stock alu die cast hoop give more bite and clarity..with more controlled overtones.. either way is nice :) and complimenting each other.. I would say that the looks of these wood hoops are much sexier and classy!

Very nice drums kit, congradulations! What are the shell sizes again?

this^^

that is one of the best looking smallish kits ive ever seen :D

do hoops like that fit on any kit??
or do you buy them especially for that kit?

thanks!

They should fit on any kit..as long as the toms have the same exact of tuning bolts.. :)

I have no experience with wood hoops but i do have a question -

why do the toms have a flat edge on one side of the hoop? I can understand the snare for the strainer hardware but why on the toms?

Back