London Drum Show MainStage tickets on sale now - Heads up!!

Andy

Honorary Member
I'm posting this here because I know advance MainStage artist tickets will sell out almost immediately. If you're going to the show, & you want a guaranteed seat for your favourite artist performance, jump on this now - & I MEAN NOW! Tickets just released in the last hour.

Direct booking link: http://www.londondrumshow.com/visit/buy-tickets/

Attachments

• lds tickets.jpg
    lds tickets.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 308
  • LDS ARTISTS.jpg
    LDS ARTISTS.jpg
    882.5 KB · Views: 291
Bought mine :) Did it on Saturday, ackshully ;)

Bought mine :) Did it on Saturday, ackshully ;)
Excellent!

I'll be there for the first time.

I am bringing ear plugs!

D
They do supply cheap foam ones FOC Dave, but if you have your own, that's better :) There's reduced "I'm going to blast gospel chops to my assembled friends" sessions this year. Actually, halved to be precise. 3 of the noisy sessions are replaced by performances on the acoustic stage in the exhibition hall. Add to that, a much more spacious exhibition hall & more separation of show stands, it should be a greatly improved sonic environment. although no drum show is ever going to be peaceful :(

Anyhow, it will be great to meet you Dave. Hopefully, you know where to find me :) Be sure to catch Michele Drees's superb Jazz Tap project on the acoustic stage around midday Saturday.

Guys, next month I'll start another annual LDS thread, including times/location for the Drummerworld photo call.

Excellent!

They do supply cheap foam ones FOC Dave, but if you have your own, that's better :) There's reduced "I'm going to blast gospel chops to my assembled friends" sessions this year. Actually, halved to be precise. 3 of the noisy sessions are replaced by performances on the acoustic stage in the exhibition hall. Add to that, a much more spacious exhibition hall & more separation of show stands, it should be a greatly improved sonic environment. although no drum show is ever going to be peaceful :(

Anyhow, it will be great to meet you Dave. Hopefully, you know where to find me :) Be sure to catch Michele Drees's superb Jazz Tap project on the acoustic stage around midday Saturday.

Guys, next month I'll start another annual LDS thread, including times/location for the Drummerworld photo call.

Hey Andy, yeah i'll defo be coming to your booth. Checking out some spectacular drums i'm sure.

Mich and I are going to do an interview actually. Once we have details sorted I'll message to chat a bit if that's cool.

D

wow, that's an incredible artist line up.
Oh yes it certainly is!

Hey Andy, yeah i'll defo be coming to your booth. Checking out some spectacular drums i'm sure.

Mich and I are going to do an interview actually. Once we have details sorted I'll message to chat a bit if that's cool.

D
Absolutely cool, & very much look forward to meeting up. Are you staying over Saturday night? I'm looking to ban all forum members from the after party. I have my reasons ;)

Ah sod it, I might as well put this link up whilst I'm in slight promo whore mode. If you have a few minutes, give this a listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIP0OZ-ys2s Appearing on the exhibition acoustic stage Saturday around Midday :)

I'll be there for the first time.
Ooh, another Very Nice Young Man!

I'm looking to ban all forum members from the after party. I have my reasons ;)

Totally with you there. If dear David is at a loose end, however ...

Ah sod it, I might as well put this link up whilst I'm in slight promo whore mode. If you have a few minutes, give this a listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIP0OZ-ys2s Appearing on the exhibition acoustic stage Saturday around Midday :)

Mhm. Fanbloodytastic. Next time, how about the MD Flamenco Project?

I'd decided not to go as last time (I think it was around 3 years ago I went) didn't know about the whole extra-tickets-needed thing and missed the drummers I wanted to catch. But actually if it's not too late will try to pick up some tickets.. if anything sounds like it'll be a good hang!

Hope to catch you all there!
Caroline

I'd decided not to go as last time (I think it was around 3 years ago I went) didn't know about the whole extra-tickets-needed thing and missed the drummers I wanted to catch. But actually if it's not too late will try to pick up some tickets.. if anything sounds like it'll be a good hang!

Hope to catch you all there!
Caroline
Caz, there weren't extra ticket things 3 years ago. Everyone queued. Show is twice the size now, & yes, a good hang :)

Hmm I can't remember for sure, but I think what happened is the people who'd gone earlier in the day had got tickets to see the main stage, and when I turned up later not knowing about it they were all out, which year does that sound like? Likely my own fault for not reading small print somewhere. What I do remember well is trying out loads of cymbals instead and buying a Zildjian ride, crash and hi hats.. And that it was really really loud!!

If it's not too late I'll read up on it all so as not to miss anything, looks set to be a good show.. Need to stay away from the cymbal displays this time though.

I am there all weekend. I'll find a way into the after party!!

Caz let's grab a coffee and a chin wag at some point if you are going!

D

Definitely! I've just bought a ticket for Saturday and also an advance ticket for Eric Harland's slot. Everything is available to book just now so I'd encourage anyone interested to head to their website. It looks like they've found a good way around allocating main stage tickets - a certain amount are available to book for £5 in advance, and then 100 can be queued for on the day.

I am there all weekend. I'll find a way into the after party!!

D
I just might be able to get after party passes (for the most favoured of Guru guests), but in relation to my "appearance", signing a gagging order is a prerequisite for entry ;)

also an advance ticket for Eric Harland's slot.
Now that's a performance I'd really like to catch. Alas, I'm likely to be busy.

I love Eric's playing. Way beyond anything I could ever aspire to, or even want to achieve, but I look on his playing with wonder & much enjoyment.

I love Eric's playing. Way beyond anything I could ever aspire to, or even want to achieve, but I look on his playing with wonder & much enjoyment.

Yeah he's an alien, saw him a couple of times earlier this year with different bands and I really love his playing - I'll send you a short transcription in case you decide to give it a bash some time :)

I just might be able to get after party passes (for the most favoured of Guru guests), but in relation to my "appearance", signing a gagging order is a prerequisite for entry ;)

Yes please!!! Dave are you sorted for accommodation in London?

Yeah he's an alien, saw him a couple of times earlier this year with different bands and I really love his playing - I'll send you a short transcription in case you decide to give it a bash some time :)
i got the transcription thanks Caz. Easy to access the mechanics, punishingly difficult to get it to flow just right between straight ahead structure & swing vibe, especially as it's essentially a hip hop groove!!!!!! Dammit - who do you think I am????????? ;) ;) ;)

Yes please!!! Dave are you sorted for accommodation in London?

Hey Caroline

Can i get tht transcription too?

I am sorted yeah. Crashing at my mates.

D

Back