What food do drummers find has the most rejuvenating power...

Hmm...a bit....touchy subject for me. Memories of bullies I'm afraid.

I'm not saying anyone here is guilty of that, but I posted about a bit o' pain in my bass drum leg, not about dropping half dead off the stage because I'm a lethargic, lazy, fat bastard whose not used to a bit of physical output.

I didn't expect to have a finger pointed at me about my weight by someone in a style which reads like I'm not even in the room.

Apologies if I come across a bit grumpy on the subject though.

I think you mis-understood my post. I was only suggesting badger milk as the cure to this problem.

But I'm always up for a tasty beverage in the morning! So I started making green smoothies.
Kale, bananas, other fruit, almond milk, water, all in a blender. Now full of super vitamins from the kale and fruit, I have energy, and makes it easier to resist the temptations of junk breakfast food that seems to surround my office.

I thought of you yesterday. Mini-Madge made a green smoothie, only she used spinach rather than kale, of course, and I tried some.

It wasn't horrible, but it tasted so damn healthy that I feared I might go into shock or something.

I thought of you yesterday. Mini-Madge made a green smoothie, only she used spinach rather than kale, of course, and I tried some.

It wasn't horrible, but it tasted so damn healthy that I feared I might go into shock or something.

I think of you every morning when I make my "Devil Juice." lol

But if it makes you feel any better, I still enjoy rum on the weekends. And depending on the kids behavior, sometimes mid-week too!
It's not all health and kale at my house, there is some room for fun too!

Lots ’o calories in a wee bottle. I’m a big fan of Ensure and Boost. Great stuff after exercise (e.g. frenetic drumming).

Attachments

• 477463.jpg
    477463.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,005
I think you mis-understood my post. I was only suggesting badger milk as the cure to this problem.

Ummmpphhhhh.....I thought it was about badger baiting

:))

I'll have the potato pie, six pints of ale and a Mars bar.

Sorted. Cheers!

Unlike the original poster, I just am a fat bastard.

Very much like the original poster

Apologies if my post caused offence Squad leader, it may have been a bit presumptuous.

No need....

Bad day at work...I think my tea had been doped with grumpy pills.

Apologies myself for over-reacting

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful here.

I'm 6'3'' which helps, and have fairly average (slightly high, but not a problem according to the doc) cholesteral level (it was checked two months back...no immediate health problems....but very overweight).

Not diabetic

Perfectly fit heart.

Don't eat particularly unhealthily..fairly normal food, minimal fast food, never drink on a work night. Never smoked.

Not lazy or slothful...I don't even smell !

Don't do enough exercise....but even when I have I've never shed much weight. Spent six months cycling to work (20 mile round trip) a few years back...lost hardly any weight whatsoever.

Spend at least an hour, usually two, sweating it out on drums each evening...rehearse once a week...do a fair walk to and from work...probably not enough.

I feel pretty fit...I can run, quite fast. I play football, well.

And I play drums fast...need a bit of recovery time after...but back to life with 5 mins rest. Two gigs in 3 days felt quite heavy to me, hence the original post.

I'm pretty much resigned, after 35 years, of just being this giant size...and no-one, not a single person, has come up with any solution to my weight. Plenty have tried, and I've stuck to what's been recommended. They've all failed.

But this thread wasn't ever really about my weight (at least I thought not anyway)

If you dont mind a slight derail, I thought I wouuld mention that I lost about 20 lbs (and still going) by giving up beer and bread (stemmed from a gluten free diet approach). I was 6'3" 240 and I weighed myself just now at 219. Same exercise levels as you and really was the same size my whole life so I weigh less now, at 39, than I did in 10th grade. My drumming has definitely improved- energy levels/quality of sleep as well.

If you dont mind a slight derail, I thought I wouuld mention that I lost about 20 lbs (and still going) by giving up beer and bread (stemmed from a gluten free diet approach). I was 6'3" 240 and I weighed myself just now at 219. Same exercise levels as you and really was the same size my whole life so I weigh less now, at 39, than I did in 10th grade. My drumming has definitely improved- energy levels/quality of sleep as well.

I can't/won't give up beer...it's just to damn nice. If it kills me then bollocks to it, i'd rather die happy with a pint of real ale in my hand than face the thought of life without.
However, I don't drink a lot. Only at weekends or gigs/occasions. Very rarely on a school night. So I don't think ale is the major problem.
Bread...I eat a fair amount of bread actually. Quite a lot in fact.
This I think I can live without. Will give it a try.
Thank you for the input.

I don't get home from practice until 1:30AM. So I usually get a breakfast sandwich and a Sprite. It helps me get to sleep faster with a full belly. Then I get up at a quarter to 7 and have a small snack like a banana or something at 9 or 10.

Back