The two-disc, almost five-hour compilation is presented by Hudson Music in association with Modern Drummer and spans ten years and six editions of the drumming event that has become one of the most famous drum festivals on the planet.
Digitally remastered footage from the 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, and 2006 Modern Drummer Festivals (some available for the first time ever on DVD) features clips of drumming greats from a diversity of musical styles.
Also included is a very special, rare performance by late Modern Drummer founder Ron Spagnardi.
Alex Acuña, Chris Adler, Airto, Eddie Bayers, Charlie Benante, Jason Bittner, Don Brewer, Ronald Bruner Jr., Teddy Campbell, Keith Carlock, Stewart Copeland, Nick D’Virgilio, Jack DeJohnette, Dave DiCenso, Virgil Donati, The Drumbassadors, Sheila E, Steve Ferrone, Steve Gadd, Jeff Hamilton, Horacio Hernandez, Gerald Heyward, Giovanni Hidalgo, Hip Pickles, Rodney Holmes, Hilary Jones, Will Kennedy, Glenn Kotche, Thomas Lang, Dave Lombardo, JoJo Mayer, Marvin McQuitty, Rod Morgenstein, Ian Paice, Shawn Pelton, Karl Perrazo, Mike Portnoy, Raul Rekow, Bobby Sanabria, Antonio Sanchez, Danny Seraphine, Chad Smith, Steve Smith, Aaron Spears, Bill Stewart, John Tempesta, Nathaniel Townsley, Glen Velez, Billy Ward, Dave Weckl and Zoro.
Among Jojo’s flawless demonstrations and in-depth explanations, Secret Weapons’ various chapters feature topics such as:
• A basic approach to technique and the physics of drumming.
• Analysis of hand positions, matched and traditional grips, rebound and the fulcrum and the Gladstone, Moeller and finger techniques.
• Highly-evolved, hybrid techniques such as the push-pull, drop-bounce, reverse stroke and one-handed roll.
• Exercises to build Speed, Accuracy, Endurance, Power and Dexterity
• Concepts to troubleshoot and overcome technical barriers.
• Warm-Up and Practice tips